3DXchange Pipeline FBX export question

Posted By JimmyB7 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JimmyB7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I’m not an iClone pro by any means, but maybe more fittingly simply a half-hearted hacker. Regardless, I’m just trying to understand 3DXchange’s Pipeline capabilities.

It appears 3DXchange 6 Pipeline can “Export to Other 3D Format” in the following choices: FBX, BVH, and OBJ.

If I you choose FBX, which would seem to be a logical choice for some tweaking in DAZ3d, I end up with a jumbled, unusable mess.

The FBX Target Tool Preset choices are: Custom; 3Ds Max; GameEngine_Unity3D; GameEngine_Unreal; Maya_Win32 bit_Optimized; Maya_Win64 bit_Keep Morph Source; and Motion Builder. One would think that DAZ3D would be listed. After all Reallusion’s About Screen boasts that 3DXchange is "Unlimited Content Expansion for iClone". Should that be “Unlimited” except DAZ3D? What am I missing?

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
DAZ does not play well with other's fbx files. It might be able to open its own, but that's it. Something about their rigging.
JimmyB7
JimmyB7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
rampa (6/24/2015)
DAZ does not play well with other's fbx files. It might be able to open its own, but that's it. Something about their rigging.

Thank you for your reply. DAZ sells iClone products, usually at full price.  There apparently is a partnership that exists between the two companies.  Why can’t we easily move things between the two products?  For FBX export, I’m mainly interested in the Iray capabilities of DAZ. I think it may surpass Indigo in some respects. But I’m still learning.

CyberpowerPC, 64 GB Ram, 64bit Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i9-10980XE 18 Core CPU,  ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard, ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G-GAMING graphics card, Toshiba 3TB hard drive, 3 x Seagate 3TB hard drives, RAGNAROK 801 Full Tower, LEPA G1600 1600W power supply, Killer WI-FI 6,  ASUS PA329Q 32" 4K/UHD IPS Monitor.
solarmanJc
solarmanJc
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)Veteran Member (607 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have 3D Exchange 6 and I am unable to export in FBX format ...the only one that appears is OBJ...how do I fix this Issue
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
1) are you using the pipeline version?
2) If your using iclones or others content did you purchase the export license option?   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
solarmanJc (9/12/2015)
I have 3D Exchange 6 and I am unable to export in FBX format ...the only one that appears is OBJ...how do I fix this Issue

3DXChange PRO allows export in OBJ only.
3DXChange PIPELINE allows export in OBJ, FBX and BHV.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
JimmyB7 (6/24/2015)
rampa (6/24/2015)

Thank you for your reply. DAZ sells iClone products, usually at full price.  There apparently is a partnership that exists between the two companies.  Why can’t we easily move things between the two products?  For FBX export, I’m mainly interested in the Iray capabilities of DAZ. I think it may surpass Indigo in some respects. But I’m still learning.

I am going to take a guess that DAZ Studio believes that their figures are superior and thus assumes that people want to take their figures OUT OF DAZ into iClone and not vice versa. Fixing the FBX import isn't on their list of priorities because, as far as I can tell, it does not get them any revenue. Remember DAZ Studio is free. DAZ makes its revenue selling content. If you are bringing content from RL then that is content that you are not buying from DAZ. So, as far as I can see, it is in their best interest not to fix the import issue. Note: The opinions expressed are those of the writer and do not, in any way, reflect the opinions of others (including, but not limited to, RL or DAZ).

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
If I you choose FBX, which would seem to be a logical choice for some tweaking in DAZ3d, I end up with a jumbled, unusable mess.

yes no chance , FBX  is not supported

DAZ says
FBX import

a. FBX files can be round-tripped through DAZ Studio now.
b. FBX import supports DAZ Studio weight mapping and animation, but not other types right now

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
9 Years Ago by vidi

Reading This Topic