Profile Picture

Export from iClone to 3DXchange (including motion)

Posted By cnmeyer1980 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cnmeyer1980
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)Veteran Member (922 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Hi everyone, 

I hope you're all well.

Just a quick one re exporting motion from iClone to 3DXchange.

I have a character that I've animated in iClone via the motion's that come with the software - its a 30 second animation with a few different motions, all looks good. I click on the export to 3DXchange button, however, the only thing that comes up in 3DXchange is the model (with rig) and nothing in the animation / performance section.

I can manually add the motion by importing each motion, however, I'm wondering how (and if its at all possible) to export the actual motion sequence that's being used in iClone.

For example - is it possible to export 1 motion sequence that includes a walk/wave? or can you only export single motion sequences?

At the end of the day, its absolutely BRILLIANT - however, I'm just wondering if you can export a complete animated sequence?

Sorry if there's a really easy solution to this, however, I'm hoping that someone maybe able to advise me if this is/isn't possible.

Cheers everyone,
Chris 
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I'm assuming you have the pro versions of both programs. If that's the case, then you need to do a collect clip on your avatar's timeline for the duration of the movements. You can then send that newly saved clip to 3DX.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Once you have all the Motions and Dialogue in Place, Collect it inside iClone.  Save it as a Motion Plus animation , where you can import it directly as a Motion Plus inside 3dXchange (M=Shortcut); add it to "Perform" if you want to send it back as a Persona motion, or export to another Game Engine.
cnmeyer1980 (6/22/2015)
Hi everyone, 

I hope you're all well.

Just a quick one re exporting motion from iClone to 3DXchange.

I have a character that I've animated in iClone via the motion's that come with the software - its a 30 second animation with a few different motions, all looks good. I click on the export to 3DXchange button, however, the only thing that comes up in 3DXchange is the model (with rig) and nothing in the animation / performance section.

I can manually add the motion by importing each motion, however, I'm wondering how (and if its at all possible) to export the actual motion sequence that's being used in iClone.

For example - is it possible to export 1 motion sequence that includes a walk/wave? or can you only export single motion sequences?

At the end of the day, its absolutely BRILLIANT - however, I'm just wondering if you can export a complete animated sequence?

Sorry if there's a really easy solution to this, however, I'm hoping that someone maybe able to advise me if this is/isn't possible.

Cheers everyone,
Chris 

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Lord Ashes
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
rampa (6/22/2015)
I'm assuming you have the pro versions of both programs. If that's the case, then you need to do a collect clip on your avatar's timeline for the duration of the movements. You can then send that newly saved clip to 3DX.

Really? I was under the impression that you can not export motion from 3DXChange unless you have the Pipeline version because Pro version only allows export as OBJ files which does not include motions.

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic