Profile Picture

Iclone AP ERROR and quits when exporting an Indigo sequence after about 94 - 95 frames.

Posted By cly3d 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Iclone AP ERROR and quits when exporting an Indigo sequence after...

Author
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
C'mon guys.
 Fix this error please. Many people have complained. The Indigo Plugin needs an overhaul. iclone is an animation / video program. It's not for Still images, which apparently from the looks of it, is what was tested. Even the demo video shows a 30 frame animation! 

There's always an iclone AP Error when exporting even a 250 frame animation. Bad enough the amount of HD space this exporter takes, but then to fail midway is unacceptable.
We've paid for this. Please tell us that the plugin team is working on this.

If one restarts the exporter from say frame 95 onwards... the exporter starts by saving frame 95 as frame 1 again. This is frustrating

cly3d
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Not one to give up easy... I may or may not have solved this issue.
Either one of these things leads to a full, no error export.
1) Using the Plugins menu dropdown to export and not the dockable indigo render toolbar - (unlikely solution)
2) Turning of Realtime smoothing on characters / props and using instead the indigo renderer smoothing options. (very likely the solution)
3) Third time lucky.

I'm happy it managed to complete the export without errors or having to break down the scene into smaller chunks to export.
Regards.
Matt GH
Matt GH
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I'm issuing the same problem too.. I just need to render a pan over a character on a basic floor. If I try to render an image all works fine, if I try to export a 5seconds img sequence it always quits around 20-30%..

That's really annoying..
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Unfortunately the Indigo Renderer is very resource hungry and exporting image sequences can cause shut downs, especially when using high resolution output. As you may know Indigo RT is a third party product so we are limited on what we can do to fully resolve the problem. However we are looking to improve this renderer issue in a future update/version.

For now we recommend exporting short image sequences at a time and then compile all the sequences afterwards. This should help reduce or eliminate crashes. Very importantly always make sure you have plenty of free defragmented hard drive space available. Do also ensure all other applications are closed when rendering. This should help.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

sbaerman
sbaerman
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Peter (RL) (7/6/2016)
Unfortunately the Indigo Renderer is very resource hungry and exporting image sequences can cause shut downs, especially when using high resolution output. As you may know Indigo RT is a third party product so we are limited on what we can do to fully resolve the problem. However we are looking to improve this renderer issue in a future update/version.

For now we recommend exporting short image sequences at a time and then compile all the sequences afterwards. This should help reduce or eliminate crashes. Very importantly always make sure you have plenty of free defragmented hard drive space available. Do also ensure all other applications are closed when rendering. This should help.

Peter, I guess it is about the same Issue I have highlighted and opened 2 cases for and have a case in feedback tracker on hold. Iclone crashes not indigo. Iclone crashes due to bad memory usage in ROM (not Harddrive). Please refer to all my other input on this :-)

Machines :
MSI Gaming Laptop, I7, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 1 TB HD
Acer Predator Helios 300 I7 10750H, 16GB, 1TB SSD, RTX 2070

Matt GH
Matt GH
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

I've noticed that the error happens more frequently the more "displacement" textures are in the scene.
I guess it has to do with the way indigo interpretates tassellations, it will need to generate extra meshes and it takes A LOT of extra time/memory, eventually causing random crash during iClone export and longer pre-render time for indigo.
Use bump only, as indigo really shines even without tassellation/displacements.

I've removed them all from my actual project and export+preload dropped from 45+75s to a mere 2s+3s with no more crashes.
This will maybe point the DEVs to the right direction to investigate the shutdowns during export.
davide445
davide445
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

m.gherardi (7/7/2016)
I've noticed that the error happens more frequently the more "displacement" textures are in the scene.
I guess it has to do with the way indigo interpretates tassellations, it will need to generate extra meshes and it takes A LOT of extra time/memory, eventually causing random crash during iClone export and longer pre-render time for indigo.
Use bump only, as indigo really shines even without tassellation/displacements.

I've removed them all from my actual project and export+preload dropped from 45+75s to a mere 2s+3s with no more crashes.
This will maybe point the DEVs to the right direction to investigate the shutdowns during export.

Just to understand: you got an error in the export process (managed by Indigo Plugin, developed and maintained by RL) or during the scene creation and rendering process (using Indigo Renderer itself).
Matt GH
Matt GH
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The problems are:
1) iClone crashes during sequence export = 80% of the times
2) extended iClone export time = 45s per frame
3) extended pre-render time in indigo = 75s per frame
4) extra calculation of environment map in indigo = 70s per frame
5) extended render time for 100samples = 90s per frame

AFTER removing displacements:
1) iClone crashes = 0%
2) iClone export time = 3s per frame
3) indigo pre-render = 2s per frame
4) environment calculation = instant
5) render time to 100samples = 70s per frame

So WITH tassellation/displacement 1frame goes from "click export" to "final result" = 4:40 MINUTES
WITHOUT tassellation/displacement 1frame goes from "click export" to "final result" = 1:15 MINUTES
(tests done on a 700.000polygons scene with 2 directional lights and 2 CC actors on a GTX980 gpu)

I hope this will help fixing the problem and help users to achieve better renders in less time Smile
davide445
davide445
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Which version of Indigo? CPU, GPU accellerated or GPU only rendering? 
Matt GH
Matt GH
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

davide445 (7/7/2016)
Which version of Indigo? CPU, GPU accellerated or GPU only rendering? 

IndigoRT v3.8.23, rendering with GPU acceleration at 7ssp Smile
Edited
8 Years Ago by m.gherardi

Reading This Topic