Profile Picture

Getting my avatar to hold a guitar!!

Posted By johnmuscutt 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnmuscutt
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I hope I am in the right place to ask questions as this is my first!
I have had iClone for a few months and had a lot of fun creating some videos to go with my music on you tube but now I want to be able to be more creative!
I can get my character to hold a guitar and fix it to one hand but not the other. When it plays it doesn't look the least bit realistic!
Similarly with the drums. I want the avatar to hold sticks, and interact with the cymbals etc when they are struck!
Here's hoping my answer is simple and out there!
Space Rider
Space Rider
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Why not use the left hand (or right) to move up and down the frets? Like a player does.

Iclone 7 Pro,  Curve Editor Plugin, Indigo RT Plugin, 3dXchange 7 Pipeline,  Crazytalk 8 Pipeline, Crazytalk Animator 2 Pipeline, Character Creator 2 /  3,  Popcorn FX, Pop Video 3, Earth Sculptor,  Kinect Mocap Plugin + MS Kinect Xbox one V2,  Substance Painter and Designer 4, Hitfilm 2 Ultimate 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/b04afb94-57e4-4db0-b118-f53b.jpg 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
Attach the guiar to the waist. Then you can animate the hands/arms while the guitar moving nicely with the avatar.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (24.8K reputation)

Check my tutorial here!
https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost240616.aspx
johnmuscutt
johnmuscutt
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Thanks - that makes sense! I get back when I try it - will watch tutorial now!
johnmuscutt
johnmuscutt
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

johnmuscutt
johnmuscutt
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

johnmuscutt
johnmuscutt
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Watched tutorial - great - will keep me busy for a few days!

Edited
4 Years Ago by johnmuscutt
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

johnmuscutt (6/20/2015)

Watched tutorial - great - will keep me busy for a few days!

Another tip - Once you are happy with your amazing performance add the motion as a perform to the character then save the Character holding the guitar with motions inbuilt into your custom avatar folder. That way if you are working on the next clip even if you have created another G5 actor you can load the old one put him/her in place and then select the character and load your new one (While original is selected) as it will replace the character but keep the motions it also helps to line up a different guitar by using the original as a guide :-)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You can download my guitar project here, if you want to take a closer look at how I put it all together.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3nsNVGroEz6SHdUNkNwaGVzd0U/view?usp=sharing

Reading This Topic