Getting my avatar to hold a guitar!!

Posted By johnmuscutt 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
johnmuscutt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I hope I am in the right place to ask questions as this is my first!
I have had iClone for a few months and had a lot of fun creating some videos to go with my music on you tube but now I want to be able to be more creative!
I can get my character to hold a guitar and fix it to one hand but not the other. When it plays it doesn't look the least bit realistic!
Similarly with the drums. I want the avatar to hold sticks, and interact with the cymbals etc when they are struck!
Here's hoping my answer is simple and out there!
Lawsuit Pending Records
Lawsuit Pending Records
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
All I do is music clip and guitars are a mongrel of a job. I try to avoid too long of a scene involving guitar use many takes and angles then you can switch cam to clean up. There are some guitar motions in the marketplace either purchased individual or in the Rock Band pack. load the character with guitar and add a motion. You will see the guitar and the avatar not getting along at all when pinned to the hip. I have used reach target and also frame by frame to get something reasonable. Then very handy camera work is in order. In the rock band pack you also get a set of finger movements Bass and Guitar which are quite reasonable to use. If you or somebody else figures out a better way be sure to let me know :-) Only other thing that really helps is to select edit motion and at the abdomen bend the character forward and pin it so the guitar don't disappear up the characters backside. I usually pick one hand ie fret board and have close up of that or finger picking/strumming and key frame the more distance shots then in video editor use cropping to hide any imperfections. Thank god for keyboard players and drummers as they are much easier to animate. I am not sure how you are doing your drums with the pack you still need to do the adjustments and cut up the animation loops to get the crash cymbal etc in order. I start with the basic beat and the in the timeline you will have to either stretch or reduce the motion clip to line up the timing as with the kick pedals. You can move the cymbal strikes in there as well. Good luck

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/992e4d8f-3217-4368-a94f-f808.jpg

iC5 Pipeline, iC6 Pipeline, CTA2 Pipeline, CTA Pro, Crazy Talk, Facefilter, POP. 
LAWSUIT PENDING RECORDS Label-Logos-Web Design-Artist Roster-Licensing - Flip type interactive magazine production
Edited
9 Years Ago by Lawsuit Pending Records
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
In my demo I used the waist, but the root would be better. Then the guitar would move with the avatar but not be influenced by any bone movement.

Now, if only we could trigger animations with MIDI! Wink
johnmuscutt
johnmuscutt
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)Veteran Member (528 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks - I think I may be trying to do too much! Pin to hip when bent over is more acceptable! I'll get back when I try again!

Reading This Topic