My First Sale of an Animation

Posted By Tarampa Studios 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Very happy to share a stillshot from the very first animation I've ever sold, made entirely in iC5. 

It's a promo vid for an Environmental Education School for Kids - so that's a 3D model of the beach they really own on their little island, plus a model of their catamaran, called the Educat... big enough inside for a class of 40 students... very impressive!.. And they also own a swamp, a forest and bungalos on the mainland with edible gardens, so students and teachers can camp in eco-comfort for a week or so until they head home to their own schools... so I've built models of those scenes too using iC props and background photos from the scenes... 

and the staff recorded their voices for me, while I used their images to build avatar likenesses of them using that brilliant facial tool that I love so much! 

Still waiting on permission from them to share the whole vid publicly outside of Australia. But it shouldn't be long now!.. Fingers crossed!
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/44b51fe7-a277-4fff-aa46-00d6.png
Smile 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Congatulation !
Looking forward to see your video.
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Awesome! Frame that check!!!!TongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Congratulations!!!  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

mark (6/19/2015)
Awesome! Frame that check!!!!TongueTongue

Oh, mannn,  but then I can't spend it!... I'd be like the cat at the fridge in that new trailer for the secret life of pets.. haha

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks gang! 

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Okay, so here's the nearly finished draft: 

Something bizarre happened to clipping when I uploaded to youtube; because some of the text is now missing from the credits at the end... 

And I won't use youtube "stabilisation" again, because the splashes aren't in time with the action any more... 

Also still need to tweak the drummer motions, swimming motions and voice echoes... 

Am especially pleased with the underwater music - never done that before, LOL... 

Never done any of this before actually, but having stacks of fun learning!! 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Congratulations on your sale.  Nicely done.  It's great to see your talents being appreciated.
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

iClone to the rescue again!... 

Situation: Edit, edit, snip, slash, hack... hiccup... 

At the last minute, one of the staff had to retire unexpectedly and be replaced in the toon promo as well as at the school in real life - but that took barely an hour for all 6 scenes, thanks to iC5's brilliant face builder, and that oh-so-handy double-click feature to replace an entire avatar with another, and still manage to keep all of the skeletal and facial animations intact. 

The beard had me worried for a while, but I used a combination of soft-cloths to build one in a few minutes, and by attaching it to the jaw, instead of the head, it also gave me a lifelike movement to match the lip-syncs.

Fog seemed to make part of the beard seem transparent briefly in the swamp scene, but it still suits the way the teacher actually wears it, so I didn't worry too much about thickening it up with a few extra tweaks. 

But one of the coolest tricks I learned for this skit is at 0:37 seconds, where a simple flag (with a png diffuse map of blue fish) helped me create the illusion of a small shoal swimming past in unison with the ocean current, when it's really just a cloth in a fake breeze. hahaha

The nasal sharpness to the new voice is still giving me a few hassles but I'm pretty sure I've glimpsed a tutorial for SonyVegas 12 somewhere that could help me tone it down a bit.. just have to find it. LOL

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Bleetz: Smile

Iclone hair allows particles to bleed through as well. To 'fix' it I go down to 'material settings', click the 'Alpha Threshold', and adjust the slider to the best setting.. Don't know if that will work on your beard as it's not Reallusion hair, but it's worth a try.

Cool pete 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
9 Years Ago by peterblood

Reading This Topic