Learning Curve for JG - Online Tests and Renders

Posted By jgrant 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Great. Thank you. Appreciate the insight.
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

So today, it's been a light day as I only had a chance to look at basic texture manipulations and seeing how to create a very rough Santo style mask on Athletic as I framed up a close up imagining my masked hero dishing out some pain at the end of a climactic sequence.  Just meat and potatoes work here as I look to anger/frustration and the power of music and sound to enhance the emotion. 

What continues to thrill me are the possibilities I have. The real joy of exploration and play as I find my way with IC6 (that's going to be my lazy man acronym). Anyway, back to playing. BigGrin

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

A full day of motion tests, lighting, camera and other related skill development.  I've drafted a working story that I shall begin in a couple of weeks.  Nothing too taxing - a minute or so of limited animation using a consistent palette. The goal is to build those muscles carefully (and marvel at the solid work done by the experts here). It's a slow process but one that bares fruit everyday. Each exercise finds my fingers finding the key or the associated prop a little faster. As I work, rework and experiment, I do not know what is the accepted protocol - and that's a good thing. As a constant student, I am always striving to learn new and unique ways to make the software tell the stories for me. A bug becomes an opportunity. A problem becomes a usable quirk. I have to always remind myself to be patient - to recognize that I will have a long learning curve - and that is okay. No one is an instant expert. I've posted my WIP updates on my blog right now as I don't need to bog down the membership board with my daily doodles (as this is what I am doing right now). Anyone interested can certainly visit it here
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Learning continues as I combine 3dx with Daz 4.8 in defining my workflow. It's a wonderful way to build up knowledge and practice my skills as I work through various options available with IC6.

Recently I upgraded my computer and started stocking my Daz shelves in preparation for my Summer exercises. I am slowly coming to terms with 3dx and am thrilled to now be able to import Genesis 2 characters into IC6 and even work with lip sync. My goal was to start working with the Physics option this week and look at combining the best of Daz and IC6 in a hybrid model with realistic G6 hair. Here is a link to a recent Run Cycle I created.

http://youtu.be/dgazGrqSgWU

My greater goal this Summer is to create a standard dialogue scene between two characters in a IC6 environment rendered out and finished using Adobe Premiere or Hit Film for finishing. As a real-life filmmaker, I am adapting all of my preparation skills to the IC6 world so my real-time animations can benefit from the advance strategizing that defines my cinema world.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Nice work, again.  Smile

Because it was so good, I challenged myself to see if I could find any room for improvement.  It was a difficult challenge.  If I were to change anything, I'd maybe try a *little* bit more shoulder twist (upper torso rotation), but of course it is entirely possible that would ruin what is already a supreme bit of work.

Very smooth, very nice.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic