Learning Curve for JG - Online Tests and Renders

Posted By jgrant 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month

I joined IClone last week and introduced myself in the Newbie corner.  My goal was to immerse myself in the software and start learning my way around the interface and understand how to import elements, texture them and come to terms with the idiosyncrasies of the program. Overall, I have been very impressed with the caliber and quality of the program and as I delve deeper into the assets and manual controls available, I believe this can be a wonderful tool set for Toon based cinema and other material as I become more confident and proficient with the world.  What has impressed me to date is the camaraderie and generous online assistance from the member and the continued graciousness on the Forum. It is a joy to be able to share my WIP and do what I can to be a good IClone citizen.

Here is a first pass as I explore the Toon engine and the Nevermore model I brought in and textured with the stock elements available in IClone 6. I wanted to generate a ten second clip learning how to stage multiple cameras interacting with particle elements. The balance seems to be between a robust environment using render light textures to increase the number of moving pieces on screen. I'm rocking a new PC with a decent NVidia card and I saw no lag or jitter working with multiple elements, multiple particle tools and worked consistently for about 90 minutes generating this sample of rooftops reminding me of an old English village.

I shall continue to #showmywork as I continue my adventures. Thank you in advance for reviewing or responding.

Edited
9 Years Ago by jgrant
Colonel_Klink
Colonel_Klink
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (17.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
jgrant. Welcome to Iclone, Impressive clip. Yes Iclone has some pretty cool stuff to play with, that is for sure. Will be following you with interest. Cheers, Bob

See all my content in one place
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a5008f7f-0e1f-4504-bcf8-f262.png
Facebook Page: CWK3D Game and Film Content
Cancer Survivor - Retired Teacher - Geriatric Icloner still learning
Hardware: ZX80; Operating System- ZX80 Basic; CPU - ZX80 @ 3.25 MHz; Memory - 1KB; Hard Drive - N/A; Storage - Cassette; Monitor: Any old CRT TV

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
... and you've already graduated from Newbie to Junior, LOL 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Well, I'm honored for the fast upgrade. As promised, I shall continue to show my work. Now in the same scene I have introduced an avatar in a clumsy walk cycle I hobbled together. I will learn how to transpose the slip and slide feet as I progress and appreciate any links to tutorials accordingly. Using the Switcher, I added rain in the foreground and fleshed out the buildings to the left of camera for greater depth.

Edited
9 Years Ago by jgrant
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
...the force is strong with this one!!!!!TongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Indeed, I could be consumed by bitterness and pride and find myself on a journey of assured destruction. Wait, I already did that. I worked in the mainstream movie business. LOL. Laugh
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Great work.

This is you learning?  You're a very fast learner (and a funny guy).  I can't wait to see what comes next.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking
Christy0
Christy0
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

JG Your earlier work and these tests look great.
Can't wait to see your first full iClone production. Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks, Christy0 for your kind words.  Today it is all about exploring the lip sync options available. I see there is NO TIMELINE SCRUBBING on Audio (that really should be a MUST HAVE fix) and the KEYFRAME ON/OFF option would be nice.  Here's a first test of a standard Pinky character with an imported WAV file applied with masked body animation and no keyframing on lip sync.
Who are the gurus of lip sync here, please? What insights can you share on best uses, hacks and fixes? 
Many thanks in advance for any insights

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I don't think there is a good iC6 tutorial yet, but this iC5 one covers what you need to know. The UI is basically the same for these tools. You should be able to figure out the corresponding bits. It's based around DAZ avatars, but the timeline functionality is the same for any avatar.

Audio scrubbing would be very helpful, but at least, you can get a visual.

Reading This Topic