Profile Picture

Turn OFF autokeyframes.... PLEEEAAASSSEE, I'm begging you.

Posted By Dreamcube017 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Turn OFF autokeyframes.... PLEEEAAASSSEE, I'm begging you.

Author
Dreamcube017
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I know I've asked this before, but can we PLEASE get this PLEASE?

This feature alone is what will make me upgrade. (It is what kind of held me back from upgrading) All this other stuff is awesome and I love it. It would be even better though if I could more easily fine tune things when I'm in the middle of the timeline without having to seporate and erase unwanted keys. This is ESPECIALLY useful for particles or certain animations or... heck, ANYTHING that happens midtimeline. 

Maybe it's a WHOLE lot harder than I'm thinking it is, but MAN would it be super useful. 

I want to get 3DX6, but can't really justify it without iClone6 since iC5 probably won't play too well with it.  

Once again, please and thank you. 

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Dreamcube017
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 51 minutes ago
It should be an option then, I think. Because sometimes you want the keyframes to be created automatically. It occasionally messes me up, but it's not a major issue for me. But I would think that an option switch would be fairly easy to add.

BTW, I really love working with IC 6, now that I'm used to the new interface, which wasn't actually too hard (I did have a head start, though). The timeline is easier to work with because there is a master key which allows you to move keyframes from separate tracks in one go.

So I hope you can find it in yourself to make the switch. I always enjoyed your contributions.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I've gotten into the habit of right clicking and "remove animation" myself,   I can't say I understand the advantage of having keyframes off because I've never worked any other way.  I'm guessing this is more of a production preference than a necessity ?   I'll have to spend more time animating in other software to compare the difference,  the only place auto animate is annoying to me,  is in Poser,  where it animates every single camera move by default,  which stinks when you are focusing on modeling. 
I'm glad the default camera on iclone doesn't auto record animation,  that would be a pain!

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
It still bites me, though less often and I tend to notice (and fix) it sooner that I used to.

I can see it equally annoying to have to "manually" create keyframes all the time.  I can imagine making a pose for an avatar, and then moving the timeline... then what happens?  Do I lose the 10-15 minutes of work I spent carefully posing my avatar?  That'd suck!!!  At least unwanted keyframes are easy to delete.

I started hating auto-keyframes.  I think most newbies do.  But all things considered, I support the current behavior.

If it is changed, it should be an OPTION, with a hotkey to make a keyframe, and another hotkey to toggle your auto/manual setting.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
As a Newbie I can only weigh in with - auto key as the default is okay but you should have the option to turn it off. This mirrors all of the big boy software out there and there are some real benefits in adopting some of these workflows to attract other animators looking for a midrange, real time game engine package like IClone. As Unreal 4 and Unity continue to gain traction in narrative cinema and the next generation of cinema makers look beyond physical cameras and search for a virtual backlot, IClone is uniquely poised to fill that gap. IMHO there is no one out there offering what IClone has. New content creators will embrace IClone as a Maya Light option for character animation. One of the reasons I am here is to develop dramatic cinema narrative with this platform - and the work habits of traditional animators might be considered to enhance overall appeal.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks for the feedback. I've submitted this to the iClone team again (so they know you really mean it). BigGrin

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AlexKong
AlexKong
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)Senior Member (340 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Oh boy, I'd love to have an way to turn autokeyframe off on EVERYTHING, it's driving me crazy!

Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
6 years ago?

My god its the worst thing? 

Am i going insane... So i have pop video , i want to match up some things, how do i do it? it keeps creating an EFFING kframe. !!!... The only software ON PLANET to not have this feature???

Reading This Topic