Profile Picture

Slowly Lower Water level.....

Posted By idontnodou 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
idontnodou
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Looking for a brief how-to on slowly lowering the water level on a terrain....   Everything I see sets the water at a height...  And it stays there.  Any help would be appreciated.

4.5GHz Rysen 5950X 16 Core  -  32 Gb RAM  -  ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3070 OC  -  Dual 2Tb M.2 Drives  -  Dual 4Tb SSDs.  ROG Crosshair Formula VIII Motherboard  -   Cooler Master 360 Liquid Cooling
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Water in iClone can be animated it's just that the keyframes won't show up in the timeline as far as I can tell (there is no apparent track for the keyframes) .

I have found that if I, turn off the GIZMO, select the water prop in my Scene menu, then slide the playhead  to the desired spot on the timeline, then use the scroll wheel on your mouse to lower or raise the water it will animate as you play from the beginning of the timeline....at leadt it does for me. Now if you need to change the movement you will need to start over again and load in a new water prop and try once more.

Now if you need to start the movement much later in the animation you should be able to go to that point in the timeline and maybe make a very slight movement, that would create a keyframe that's not really apparent, then move to another point in the timeline and make your big adjustment to create another keyframe....just a thought.

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
9 Years Ago by mark
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 53 minutes ago
Yowza Mark!

That works a charm. You can even rotate up vertical, but it will not act a mirror anymore. Pretty sure that's because of the underlying method of how it works. A water track does show up on the timeline, but does not populate with the keys. It must be under development, as it has an arrow for sub-tracks, but they are not there.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Mark, you're amazing. This is a great tip!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

idontnodou
idontnodou
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)Senior Member (279 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks much for that info....   I will agree that Mark is amazing, but not until I try this and see that it works!   Smile     Thanks again!

4.5GHz Rysen 5950X 16 Core  -  32 Gb RAM  -  ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3070 OC  -  Dual 2Tb M.2 Drives  -  Dual 4Tb SSDs.  ROG Crosshair Formula VIII Motherboard  -   Cooler Master 360 Liquid Cooling
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
idontnodou (6/13/2015)
Thanks much for that info....   I will agree that Mark is amazing, but not until I try this and see that it works!   Smile     Thanks again!

Absolutely!!! "Trust but verify!".... is my moto!!!!Tongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Edited
9 Years Ago by mark

Reading This Topic