Newbie to IClone - Not to animating

Posted By jgrant 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Well, I do plan before animating - I recommend that firmly and make a careful assessment of my goals and tools before I begin. As I am waiting for my new Nvidia PC to arrive, I may be a little late - but I'm up for the challenge. I have no reputation to speak of - and I have to port my thinking from Mac to PC - but, what the heck, I will give it a go.
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Yeah, I'm looking to use Maya and Daz Rigs inside IClone to up my cinema game. I love the layering aspects to the timeline and I have a healthy BVHs library I shall repurpose and hand key as needed. Where has this software been all my life?? I'm just blown away by what the tutorials and some of the users have shown. Am literally drooling to get started.
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
jgrant (6/11/2015)
... literally drooling to get started.

Hi and **wow** from me too!.. Your work is stunning!
I'm here because of Mark's "Tesla" movie and tutorials as well. Perhaps iClone should start paying him a wage, haha. And yes, like wungun, I was also up and animating within a week, without any prior experience in animation at *all*... except if you count the doodles I sketch on my desk calendar whenever I'm stuck on the phone to a boring or nagging client... 

No need to wait for your new pc. Your licence will permit two machines... So if you have an old pc or mac laying around, you can get started right now. It's not too late to join the current competition, where you can also download a generous pack of free content, even if you don't decide to compete. Here's the Link, where you can also download a free version of the much loved iC5 edition, which may be the last time we ever see it available, now that it's being replaced by iC6. 

The catch is that you have to blog about your process, as described in that link -  and that's why I'd love to hope that you have time to enter, because it's a wonderful opportunity to see and learn from how others work... e.g Wungun and Mark already have some terrific video tutorials posted over there for their entries. And I'm sure you'll find a lot to inform and inspire you!

Best wishes in any case
Smile

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
jgrant (6/10/2015)
I was just watching your Tesla Episode 1 - and i've already become a fan of your iClone work.  Your Flying Monkeys tutorial was instrumental in deciding to adopt iClone as a platform. So, I'm here actually because you showed me what is possible.  Nice to meet you.

Well thanks for the plug Tongue .... you're very gracious but something tells me you're going to be teaching us a thing or three very soon!!!!BigGrin

I just love the design-style of your previous work!!!! AWESOME!!!Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for the link Bleetz. I shall download accordingly. I am an avid blogger and would be happy to contribute. As an educator I always speak to my students about #showyourwork and I shall be happy to process and document my discoveries. Is there a recommended area or place other than here at the Forum that would be of most interest to IClone users?

I have only Macs here at the ranch (with the exception of my trusty netbook that chokes under the graphic requirements) and I am expecting my machine today - so I'm good. Nice to know about the two licenses.

Yes, Mark is a great evangelist for IClone and I believe he is doing not only a great job as an animator - but as a tut provider. His rear projection tut, the incredible flying monkeys lesson and the wonderful Tesla showcase were all great examples of the power of IClone. As I delve into the software shortly, I hope to contribute to the culture and the community accordingly. Thank you for your kind words.
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I think we both see the world the same way cinematically as your work has a great use of slow camera moves, dynamic staging and a color palette that is rich and bold. I'm very happy to make your acquaintance and look forward to our continued conversations.
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
jgrant (6/11/2015)
... Is there a recommended area or place other than here at the Forum that would be of most interest to IClone users? 

If you're entering the competition, then you need to join this Polycount thread, and name your thread as described in the rules in that first link above... which means you also need to join the Polycount forums temporarily (free), and make an initial post to say hi in the extra link they will provide to you within a few days after you join. (Instructions are all in that first link from the previous message).  But if it takes more than 2 days, just ask for help again here... 

If you're not entering the competition, then you can take your pick of any of the existing threads here, and perhaps you'd like to do that anyway, because I'd certainly follow your personal WIP thread if you started one. I've only been animating for a year, and of that, only the last 6 months or so have been iClone, so I'm in total agreement with Mark when he said he suspected that you'd be teaching us a few things in no time... 
Smile 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi Julian... A very exciting welcome to iClone.
I've just finished watching the work you've submitted here by embedded vids. I'm particularly impressed at your substantial development of adverse sets. Your design is incredible. I watched "The Doctors Wife!" particularly with interest because the sets are so slim by design that they gave enough scope for volume while not being obstructive to the camera on the pan takes.  Superb idea and the scattered confusion of prop placement in the middle segments is also beautiful.
It didn't, either, bother me that the avatars were otherwsie simple. Relying on the audio and the simplicity of the story plot as it were the grtaphics were refreshingly "strange" to the expectation and satisfying with the link of unbelievable romance because of their form.
Excelling work.
But I have to say simething.
IF you remade The Doctors Wife (I'd like to see that!) you'd find that the lighting available inside iClone is STUNNING with ambient & localised  possibility (Not to say the lighting in the anim was a detriment to the output.... one can only utilise what tools are supplied by the software... ) but you might also enhance masses of those takes in TDW with particle embellishment in so many areas as iCLone is wholly rich with particle mechanics.
It's satisfying to see someone's work of this magnitude. I am impressed. Your Set imagination far outweighs impressionably all other elements of the works.  I LOVE sharp set engineering skills.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on your next project to come and I'd also like to hear from your standpoint the elements of iClone that appeal to you the most that perhaps you felt were not available to enhance what you've created in the past.
Also, would you now work on lipsynch in iClone or would you still omit this as an element of stylised fashion to the theme?
Best wishes....
Armstrong.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Armstrong
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Welcome to the Family JGrant,  it's wonderful to have a person of your vision join us.  We are taking over the world,  your timing couldn't have been better!

Cheers! Smile

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you so much for the kind welcome.  I'm just getting acquainted with everyone's work.  I got my new PC at 2:30pm Central today and downloaded IClone 6 and XChange and started work. It's 3 hours later and I'm giddy. Man, there is so much potential here.  Looking forward to sharing.

Reading This Topic