Newbie to IClone - Not to animating

Posted By jgrant 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
After years of working in Daz and Poser, I had struggled with their limited animation interface and produced a number of fully animated films (below), but I was unhappy with the final results.  When I saw the latest Clone 6 update and the 3DX Importer, it just clicked. I can import Maya Rigs, Daz and all of my BVHs and use them in the Clone format and work much smarter. The Indigo RT Renderer is next on my list as I refine my pipeline and learn the UI. I shall spend the summer learning Clone 6 and generating test content (a two person dialogue scene, a run in the woods, beauty model pass(es) in the basic IClone setUp as I learn more about Indigo for the Fall.  Here's a link to the animations I produced in the past - 
The Watchmaker's Apprentice
[YouTube]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKAdug3qyOw[/YouTube][/YouTube]
The Doctor's Wife

Closer

All three were done in the basic Poser 10 Render Engine Firefly. I work in 2.5D with billboard backgrounds, fast editing and post compositing techniques to enhance the film look.  I look forward to meeting all of you.

You can find out more about me at www.juliangrant.com
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Oh my!!!! This is really good stuff!!!! Hoping you can teach us a lot! Welcome aboard!! BigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

I was just watching your Tesla Episode 1 - and i've already become a fan of your iClone work.  Your Flying Monkeys tutorial was instrumental in deciding to adopt iClone as a platform. So, I'm here actually because you showed me what is possible.  Nice to meet you.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 minutes ago
Looks great Julian! Welcome aboard the good ship 'Clone!

I think iClone will match your style really well.
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you, Rampa. I shall look to the Toon Avatar Set(s) as I believe the softer, rounder edged figures are indeed more to my style. It was wonderful to see that they had ported over the 3d Universe characters as they are some of my favorites.  I've been following your responses on the Forum and see that you are very knowledgable here ad I am thrilled to have a response so soon from yourself and Mark. Thank you for the welcome.   
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
WELCOME.  Smile

Wow, those are incredible videos!
The iClone family is lucky to have you as a new member.

I hope you have fun, and don't be shy about asking questions down in the iClone section of the forum.  I can't wait to see what you do with iClone.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Amazing story telling skill ! Beautiful imageries.
Yes, I too wonder what will you do with ICLONE !!!
I bet your ICLONE movies too will stand apart.
Looking forward to tons of wizardries.Smile
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Welcome to the forum Jgrant Smile
You will not be deceived by iClone !

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bigboss
jgrant
jgrant
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wow!  Thx. so much for the quick responses.  There are a lot of trash talkers out there - but judging from the work I've seen here (and the props, people and skills on display), the IClone community is great (I guess they are jealous that you've found a great way to work using next gen game engine, bvh & motion clip and key frame skills to make stellar films).  Fast responses from the head office over questions, the Forum kind words (thx. everyone, I really feel at home here) and a new interface to work with.  I'm very, very excited about the possibilities here with IClone and judging from the marketplace, store and some of the amazing vendors, I'm going to be dropping a lot of cash (alongside reworking all my other assets). Would appreciate any tips, suggestions, go-to's and/or advice as I am a babe in the woods.  Best always, JG
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
ICLONE is the one of the easiest SW to adapt.
I would love to see what you come up with in next 7 days using your "natural instincts rather than careful planning".
I am not challenging your skill. Please do not misunderstand me.
I am just curious to have a glimpse of the natural transition before the "need-to-maintain-my-reputation" thought takes over.
Just one sample. Even an unfinished work in progress will do.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM

Reading This Topic