Softcloth pass through

Posted By isaac3d 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
primaveranz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
prabhatM (6/3/2015)... As I understand, you have to select COLLUSION ON/OFF then select a body part and CHECK the checkbox next to "Activate the Selected Part"

I think you only use the "COLLUSION" setting for avatars representing FIFA bosses. Otherwise just use the "COLLISION" ones Wink
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
primaveranz (6/3/2015)
prabhatM (6/3/2015)... As I understand, you have to select COLLUSION ON/OFF then select a body part and CHECK the checkbox next to "Activate the Selected Part"

I think you only use the "COLLUSION" setting for avatars representing FIFA bosses. Otherwise just use the "COLLISION" ones Wink

I am extremely sorry for that.

Also allow me to enjoy the Topical humour in it. Smile

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
isaac3d
isaac3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
PrabhatM wrote "For some reason, I can not view your youtube link. It is saying the video is not available."

I'm not sure if this problem simply relates to the link itself but if so you can always search for the name of the video clip which I also provided: DAZ to iClone 6 Tutorial - Softh Cloth for DAZ characters.

PrabhatM also wrote "Please refer to the screenprint given by Duchess110 in this thread. This shows how to activate the COLLUSION around the body parts. You don't have to apply Rigid body Physics. Just activate the COLLUSION around the body shape. You may even adjust the IMPACT AREA around the body parts by adjusting the shapes."

As I wrote earlier: "I know that it is possible to assign Collision Shapes to each body part individually and though this is a crude solution it works to some extent, though the shapes are very simple and can never match the shape of the character mesh itself.
Furthermore, if this is the correct way of dealing with this issue then I would expect that the video presenter would have spared 30 seconds out of the near 18 minutes to mention this. He does not mention this at all. My conclusion is that in the video the character mesh itself is acting as the rigid body with collision physics."

Rampa wrote "Here is the manual page. Further links into more detail if you scroll all the way down.
http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_6/ENU/Pro_6.0/20_Physics/Physics_Settings_for_Characters.htm"

Rampa, please see my previous comments about Collision Shapes. Further when I followed your link I read the following:
"Apply a standard character. By default, there are already collision shapes attached to it."

Firstly, the collision shapes applied to the standard character in the manual seem to be much more precisely molded to the characters body shape than the simple capsule, sphere and box that the user is able to attach. Secondly, I am not using a standard character, such as Heidi. I am using a non-standard character, namely DAZ genesis 2 female. If it is the intention of Reallusion that the user must apply Collision Shapes to non-standard characters (to prevent the characters own clothing falling through them) themselves then I would think that they would actually mention it somewhere, especially in a video called DAZ to iClone 6 Tutorial - Softh Cloth for DAZ characters.

As far as I can see the use of Collision Shapes is to allow a character to interact with props in the environment (as illustrated in the manual link provided by Rampa). The link does not illustrate the use of Collision Shapes to prevent a characters own clothing falling through the character mesh. Furthermore, as I suggested earlier, if this was the case then I would expect the presenter of the video, DAZ to iClone 6 Tutorial - Softh Cloth for DAZ characters, to have mentioned this fact but he does not!

Unless, someone can state definitively that they know for certain that the application of Collision Shapes (capsule, sphere, box) is the correct and intended way of preventing a character's own clothing from passing through that character mesh, then I continue to state that there must be a way to get the character mesh to act as the rigid body as is apparently the case in the video DAZ to iClone 6 Tutorial - Softh Cloth for DAZ characters.
I just don't know how!

I am grateful for your suggestions but so far I have not found anything that works in the same way as shown in the video.

Edited
9 Years Ago by isaac3d
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Hi Isaac3D,

It is indeed the correct way! Smile When you add a shape, it will be a small sphere by default. It can be changed to a cube or capsule as well. If you look in the panel, you'll see that there are options for adding and removing extra shapes per body part. The sphere can only be scaled, but the other shapes can scale along separate dimensions.

It's worth studying the existing G6 and G5 implementations to get an idea of using them. It's a pretty flexible system.

They do deflect the cloth layer of any avatar.

I believe Kai did not put the physics in that particular video because it is not really a character conversion feature, but a feature you use for any character within iClone. That is, it is not specific to any character, standard or otherwise.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
as i had mentioned in my post earlier,  the physics cloth settings are important on the prop itself as well -  i was getting a lot of meshbreaks in my first attemptsl,  and that's when i realized how sensitive some of the settings can be,  to both the numbers and the gradients on the weightmap -  so I'm considering that you might be understanding the right thing,  but your settings need to be tweaked.     I did manage to get a few to work correctly,  but in all honesty I'll have to do it again to figure out what i changed - all I remember was saying "Really ?  was that it ?! "   when i found the right setting.

isaac3d
isaac3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)Veteran Member (580 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
It seems I was wrong, the character mesh is not used for preventing clothing and hair from falling through the character. I received the following from Reallusion Support:

"If you want to stop hair and clothing passing through the body then you first need to setup collision detection using the "Collision Shape Editor" which can be selected from the Modify Panel.
By default our G6 characters Heidi and Mason come already setup for collision detection so you may like to use these as a reference when setting up your Daz Genesis characters."

I still feel that this SHOULD have been mentioned in one of the Reallusion tutorials dealing with the transfer/use of genesis 2 in iClone 6.
I hope this thread will serve to save some one else, who like me is new to iClone, a whole lot of trouble.
mrbrush
mrbrush
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)Veteran Member (765 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
isaac3d.
I was having the exact same problems as you and tried everything without success. The only difference was that i was using a Daz genesis female 3 character. After exporting from Daz as FBx i opened up in CC pipeline and edited random things and then into iclone. Nothing worked so eventually i went back into the CC and clicked on "transfer skin weights" then exported again to iclone and suddenly i worked. Btw in Daz i made sure to increase the collision iterations to 100% which will be located in your parameters section once you select you clothing item or whatever. I hope this might work for you.

Reading This Topic