3DXchange 6.1 (Early Access) - Issues Thread

Posted By Visconti 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Visconti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/42f14f97-9cad-40d4-82bc-20d1.png

3DXchange is a robust, streamlined conversion and editing tool that connects iClone to a universe of 3D content. Users are able to import bi-ped, animated skin-bone characters and their animations for use in iClone. They can also export iClone characters and animations to external 3D applications and video game engines. Moreover, 3DXchange 6 is enhanced with an optimized conversion performance and editing environment, ensuring that you an even faster and better user experience!
Know more about the new features: http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3DXchange.html

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/0f00dee0-e4a3-4767-bdca-763b.png

Early Access for 3DXchange 6 is the first step (prelude) to a series of iClone 6 updates. With this, users will finally be able to export content from iClone 6, while enjoying several substantial feature improvements. And that's not all, below you can learn about other upcoming and ambitious plans for future updates (free upgrade to get more features supported in iClone & 3DXchange 6.2). 3DXchange 6 Trial will also be available during the grand launch of iClone & 3DXchange 6.2 (scheduled for Q3, 2015).

Please leave your comments and any tech issue about 3DXchange 6.1 in this thread. 

Reallusion, Inc.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Please add cloth and hair physx dynamic export and camera export in the roadmap. That's an instant upgrade for me for pipeline.
Indigo plugin exports dynamics and camera so it should be possible to do it for 3dxchange.
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Please see the "Deformed Prop" info in this post.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
@ Visconti
This post follows yourrequest for comments rather than any technical issue.

I painfully remember my complete dissatisfaction with the launch of 3DX5. I pre-paid for my upgrade from 3DX4 because of the promoted “ lip-sync Daz avatars” capability. Only after launch was this described as “forthcoming in a free future upgrade”. Then several months of unnecessary silence from RL followed before it was finally implemented. As if that wasn't enough a .duf file required to automate the Daz lip sync process was locked into an additional and very expensive “Character Designer pack” of limited value to the average user. A shameful example of customer exploitation by RL

I am extremely pleased indeed to see that efforts are being made with 3DX6 to improve on that negative RL customer experience.
The “Early Access”moniker on 3DX6 promotion is both apt and informative. It should havebeen used back in Dec 2014 for the IC6 launch. Might I mirthfully suggest that, at the time, these lines from Shakespeare:Richard III. Act 1, Scene 1 would have been appropriate to use on the IC6 Start Up screen. !

I, that am curtailed of this fair proportion,Cheated of feature by dissembling nature,Deformed, unfinished, sent before my time
Into this breathing world, scarce half made up.

With this in mind, I have particularly appreciated having some indication, before placing an order, of what functionality will be immediately available from 3DX6 and what will follow in later upgrades. Thank you for this significant and much needed improvement in communicating with customers. I hope it will become integral to RL`s marketing policy. In future, perhaps this could be further extended to listing those features, if any, from previous versions which have been temporarily or permanently removed ?

In reality 3DX6pro currently offers me only minor improvements over 3DX5pro apart from the convenience of integrating with IC6. I suspect that many customers are like me and crave all the new features NOW.

The fact that the RL explained I have to wait for the enhancements has not deterred me from going ahead and buying the upgrade. Most importantly I feel I made my own informed, rational decision to opt in based on the “best price offer” rather than having been mislead, as in the past, by inaccurate feature promotion. I am confident that some benefit from RL`s egregious adoption of the “Jam tomorrow” ruse, will eventually spread sufficiently to enhance my future use of the 3DX6 /IC6 combo. Time will tell.

Thanks again for the efforts made to provide a more timely and relevant pre-purchase product description for 3DX6. Hopefully customers will learn more details of the upcoming features soon.

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I agree with all of that from Galfridus.

May I bring to the attention of the forum some odd technical specifications on the 3DXChange ReadMe file.

Recommended System Requirements: (3DXchange will have better performance in below recommendedenvironment.) [Which means BTW the oppositeto what the translator thought it meant.]

. Dual core CPU orhigher

. 2GB RAM or higherrecommended

. 2GB free hard diskspace or higher recommended

. Display Resolution:1024 x 768 or higher

. Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8 Series or higher /ATI HD3000 Series or higher (my emphasis)

. Video Memory: 512MBRAM or higher recommended

. Video cardcompatible with Pixel Shader 3.0 recommended for optimized visual performance.  [Shader3.0 is quite old too. But see High-Level Shading Language (HLSL) in Wikipedia]

Additional Requirements:

. 3-button mouse

. Internet connectionrequired for online activation.

. DirectX 9 [First release 2004]

Operating System

. Windows 8 /Windows7 (SP1)

. Support for 32-bitand 64-bit operating system.

Note Windows10 will ship with DirectX 12 on July 292015 by Microsoft.

There seems to be a gradually widening specification on the one hand for the PC spec and on the other for the Graphics Cards. These recommendations for DirectX 9 (from 2008) and Pixel Shader 3.0 (we are now up to PS 5.0) are strange when you look at the recommended  Nvidia series 8 and 9 requirements.

I am not a games player so I have little need for bleeding edge technology in graphics cards. As everybody  can see the road ahead is towards 4K and higher screens and faster graphics, but the real-time animation software market has many different channels for output from YouTube tutorials to pipelining into Unity or Unreal. I can see how worthwhile it is for Reallusion to accommodate the lower specification PCs as well as the higher spec ones.

Maybe it is time to break the recommended specs into different sets for different activities.

SeanMac

SystemSpecs

HomebuildASRock Z68 Extreme4,  i7-2600K @3.4Ghz ,16 Gb RAM, 5.5Tb HDD, Palit GeForce GTX 750 Ti; Win 7 64-bit Ultimate (+SP1) + SamsungS24D300H 1920X1080 + spare 1680X1050.

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just got the new 3dX 6 Pipeline. Loaded it up and off to GW. All AOK. YEA!
Then loaded up 3dx5P.

Woooo. This is what I saw. Whats up?

I am using SKP 2015 Make, currently.  is it a bug from SKP?
Now I can not use 3dx5P!!!

Anyone? Any clue to this problem?

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bray42
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Bray42 (6/1/2015)

Now I can not use 3dx5P!!!

Anyone? Any clue to this problem?

This is the third time I read this in the forum. It seems odd that upon instaling Iclone 6.1 and 3dx 6, older version are unusable. I hope this is fixed ASAP.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
go to google warehouse with your normal browser,  when you download,  don't download to disk,  click "Open with" then select 3DX6 from your list of programs,  and the download gets dropped right into 3DX6 which I personally favor to the traditional way of the 3DX browser -  in the traditional way once the item was downloaded,  the search window would close - which I didn't like because I would audition several models from a collection -  then would have to search for the collection all over again after downloading .....the normal web browser doesn't close the window after download...so it's much easier to continue a search through a collection.  Works better for me.

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I jumped, and was somewhat pleased with the current version of the X Pipeline. The load and conversion times are a limited but a definite improvement, however the promise of improved lipsync and ZBrush integration later this year has me very interested in whats to come. I've always been somewhat surprised and disappointed that everything but the kitchen sinc was thrown in recent versions with total disregard of credible lipsync and the hassles of model customization via ZBrush.  I trust that LS improvements will work on all models including Daz fbx models.

Hopeful of the future...

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
SeanMac (6/1/2015)

There seems to be a gradually widening specification on the one hand for the PC spec and on the other for the Graphics Cards. These recommendations for DirectX 9 (from 2008) and Pixel Shader 3.0 (we are now up to PS 5.0) are strange when you look at the recommended  Nvidia series 8 and 9 requirements.

I think you may be misunderstanding the graphic card requirements. The Nvidia GeForce Series 8 & 9 cards are from 2006 -2007 such as the 8800 or 9600. These are not to be confused with the current series 800 and 900 models.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic