Posted By Stefos 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

This is a customer complaint - Bad Show Reallusion on 3D Exchange 6

Author
Stefos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
You are giving me a week to get the money together to buy 3DXchange at a members discount or early access as you like to call it, after buying iClone 5 PRO, 3DXchange 5 Pro and then iClone 6 Pro (unfinished software)...now the only way I can get this probably unfinished 3D Xchange 6 at a reduced rate is give you the money within a week.  What happened  Reallusion? Well you just lost a sale of 3D Exchange Pipeline 6 because after your unfair time limit, I will not be able to afford the software.  

Jeez give people a chance to afford your software so they don't feel cheated. I am glad you don't sell cars as a business I wouldn't be able to afford the wheels.

With over 100 bug fixes on your last iClone 6 update and very few improvements I am beginning to wonder if I should have waited for iClone 7 to be announced before ordering iClone 6 ...I know that some people are doing just that...I will never again be stupid to pre order or go for the special deals again they work out far to costly and you get nothing but bugged software and unfinished at that.  

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by stephen_20110417044821793
Jackly86
Jackly86
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)New Member (90 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Stephen, 
If you have recently made the purchase of 3DXchange5, you should have contacted Reallusion team they normally will provide a better solution to the recent purchase user. 

Cheers
Jacklyn
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 29 minutes ago
stephen_20110417044821793 (5/29/2015)
You are giving me a week to get the money together to buy 3DXchange at a members discount or early access as you like to call it, after buying iClone 5 PRO, 3DXchange 5 Pro and then iClone 6 Pro (unfinished software)...now the only way I can get this probably unfinished 3D Xchange 6 at a reduced rate is give you the money within a week.  What happened  Reallusion? Well you just lost a sale of 3D Exchange Pipeline 6 because after your unfair time limit, I will not be able to afford the software.  

Jeez give people a chance to afford your software so they don't feel cheated. I am glad you don't sell cars as a business I wouldn't be able to afford the wheels.

With over 100 bug fixes on your last iClone 6 update and very few improvements I am beginning to wonder if I should have waited for iClone 7 to be announced before ordering iClone 6 ...I know that some people are doing just that...I will never again be stupid to pre order or go for the special deals again they work out far to costly and you get nothing but bugged software and unfinished at that.  

Hi Stephen,

Not sure what you mean by only having one week to upgrade to 3DXchange 6. While special limited time offers do eventually end, 3DXchange 6 will always be available for a heavily discounted member price if you already have iClone 6 plus 3DXchange 5. You certainly won't be expected to pay full price after a week. Plus as Jackie says, if you purchased 3DXchange 5 in the last couple of months you may be entitled to a FREE upgrade. Just contact Customer Support to check.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Stefos
Stefos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Apologies, things have been a bit tight here of late and everywhere I turn costs me :-/ I bought the package deal back in November 2014, I find the price of 179 $ an excellent price for the upgrade to 3DXchange Pipeline, however I will not have the money until late June, Early July, I was complaining that the 60 percent discount will run out probably just as I get the money together...which is upsetting I find these discounts do not run long enough and the pressure to buy now is overwhelming but impossible. I have wrote to support and I await to hear what they say. I do not place much positivity in their response, but who knows !  

Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Sorry RL,
I also find the time in which I 3DX 6 per get for $ 99 (June 08, 2015 = 1 week) as a longtime user of IC products (IC 2 - present 6 per all; 3dx4 - 3DX 5Pro
(already bought in appearance of 3DX5 series) etc) a bit short. It would interest me what is going to cost me 3DX6 per Occupiers 3DX5pro (German) because after this date?
Greetings from Germany
postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
moogaloonie
moogaloonie
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)Senior Member (468 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am also sorry RL, but I also feel one week is a very short time in which to give your customers an opportunity to purchase this item at a reduced price.  Had I known in advance of the product's pending release I could have budgeted for its purchase.

What will the prices be after June 6th?

IMHO, Introductory pricing makes sense when launching a new product, but not for a product that customers have waited months to be released.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
In the previous upgrades, it has always been that the introductory price for a limited time brought the price down to what a normal member upgrade price was. How quickly everyone forgets this!

The introductory price is for new purchasers to get iClone or 3DX at the member upgrade price for a limited time.
cly3d
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Peter (RL) (5/30/2015)
[quote]stephen_20110417044821793 (5/29/2015)
 3DXchange 6 will always be available for a heavily discounted member price if you already have iClone 6 plus 3DXchange 5. You certainly won't be expected to pay full price...

The problem here is. I own Iclone 5 pro, 3Dexchange 5 pipleline, and now bought Iclone 6 pro and an assorted bundle - Indigo RT, the new 'empowement pack" of motions and a few more content bundles.
BUT... I can't apply any of the motions from the empowerment pack to an avatar in 3Dxchange. The avatar is a Daz converted model (via again, the paid for iclone facial animation bundle). Older motions get applied just perfectly.
So... does this mean I *have* to but 3DXchange 6 now, just to apply those motions? 

I can see why customers are less than happy with this. It's bordering on extortion.
I'm licking my wounds from this recent spending spree I went on.

Stefos
Stefos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"The introductory price is for new purchasers to get iClone or 3DX at the member upgrade price for a limited time"

@rampa
Members upgrade price it is not...if it was then it would not be for a limited time...it is an early access price...which means that the time I can afford it it will not be early access anymore (why? to force quick sales from the members why else have a time limit?) which means it will cost more which means I will not buy the software until it is again 179.00 $ or less for 3D Xchange 6 Pipeline upgrade, after all the money I have paid out over the last 6 months trying to get up to date with iClone it is just far to much and not enough time. Please also note that iClone 6 has been out for more than half a year and still we do not have a fully working software including fully working G6 characters and now more of the same with 3D Xchange 6.

Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I think there are a couple of genuine concerns here IMHO

a) Releasing software before it is finished albeit with free upgrades in the "nearish" future. If you buy something you would normally expect to get the full product and not just a part of it.

b) The upgrade price for Pro to Pipeline and Pipeline to Pipeline appears to be the same price. I do not own the Pipeline version as I cannot justify the cost but it seems very unfair that the Pipeline owners have to pay the same price to upgrade as the Pro users.

c) The continuing policy of making Iclone and 3dxchange version specific so that to retain the same functionality requires you to upgrade both products leaves a bit of a  bad taste in the mouth.
I wouldn't expect it to be able to cope with the new G6 characters but why were props and g5 characters suddenly not importable into 3dx5? This implies deliberate crippling to force users to upgrade.

Just my thoughts
Edited
9 Years Ago by toonarama

Reading This Topic