Profile Picture

Transparency

Posted By imtrying 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
imtrying
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
I have now looked at every tutorial and help file I could find.

CrazyTalk 6 Pro
I import a .png image with a transparent background created in Photoshop, but the image does not show the transparency in CrazyTalk.
I go through all the steps as per the tutorials and when I export the project as a .flv the transparency does not show, in stead there is a white background.

I am trying to use the crazytalk project in Adobe Flash and it is supposed to go as a layer on top of a moving background. That is the reason it has to be transparent.

I'm obviously missing something, but what?

Can somebody please help.
imtrying
imtrying
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)Senior Member (284 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
Please tell me if it can be done, and if so, how?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi,

When you load your PNG image into Crazytalk 6, are you able to add a background to it that displays behind the character? If so then you will have successfully loaded an image with a alpha channel transparent backround into CT. You can then add your chosen backgrounds and do the work in Crazytalk itself.

When it comes to outputting content with a transparent background your options are Sequence PNG, TGA or BMP. You can also use .iWidget format to output a character with a transparent background for use in WidgetMe and WidgetCast.

Your other option is to output with a green or blue screen and do the chroma key work in a video editor. Most video editors support this technique.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic