Anything Goes!

Posted By planetstardragon 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
well that's great to hear,  most of the time I'm reading on the net how everyone is anxious to get out of their contract.   I can definitely appreciate doing it for the music -  the trouble universal / youtube has caused with it's copyright claims is above and beyond brutal! 
I was concerned for a while that someone was going to steal my copyright,  and youtube would defend them because they had access to the content id system.  It was a big relief for me when Adrev started their content id service. - which in the end one can consider that almost like extortion -  "Join a network we certify or approve of and we won't derail your copyrights "

@armstrong,   u know,  I believe that....but what baffles me is that if we all tried to visit these people for a sit down to tell them our life story,  they wouldn't have the time of day for us.  quite a bit of irony there.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

I enjoy video games,  particularly mmorpg because it's the audience I most associate with -  they love games, art and music...so instead of studying metrics,  i like to become part of them.   The visuals in some of these games are simply stunning and fascinating,  further one can argue that modern video games and their stories are in fact relatives to the film making industry.  A living real time movie if you will with many role playing actors on a digital stage!

That said,  Tera looks like a pretty amazing game that's available for free on Steam -  almost done downloading that monsterous download!   Would love to see some of the RL family there!  http://store.steampowered.com/app/323370/

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I am playing Ark with a few friends I have met over the years.  we formed a small guild and run a private server its very fun and well dinosaurs are cool Smile 

I generally only play MMO's but Ark with the multiplayer feature I am not even noticing its not an MMO because the guild is on a server all day in shifts depending on our timezone so there is always chatter and someone dying or whatever hehe.    So with the way tech is now I decided to try this with my friends.     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

ahhh,  i've been watching Ark too - it's a top 5 steam game that's consistently growing in popularity. The concept is quite interesting,  i can imagine the end game is pure pvp after you done conqured all the dinosaurs ? 

I've always liked games with magic for particle effects,  strategy,  and story lines that I can build my character personality on.  Most of my "dragon" character on this forum really comes from my role playing days lol!!  - shhh,  don't tell anyone though!!!   w00t

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Regarding Armstrong's post, I also have huge concerns about all the data mining that can be used as evidence against the individual.

I'm not talking about criminal evidence - just everyday information being brought out later.  I mean, which young person never said, did or believed anything foolish?  Probably most people cringe a little at their earlier selves.  But today's young people disclose everything to the world.  That information will still be available to prospective employers when they are in their fifties, hoping still to remain in work.

It also annoys me that hackers can be charged with stealing data but everything we imagine to be private is being stolen from us all the time.

I was surprised to be asked to stare at a device before I could enter the departure area of an airport a couple of years ago.  I happened to need to wear glasses with a prism at that time.  I couldn't get through like that.  So, I've no doubt that an image of my eyes was being taken without any disclosure to me that this was taking place.

The attention span of today's general public is minimal nowadays with so much new information to be processed each day.

We are so very ripe for totalitarian control.  Actually, it has probably reached that stage - its just that many governments still adhere to the values of people of good will - but what happens when governments have criminal intent against sectors of the population?
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

planetstardragon (7/16/2015)
ahhh,  i've been watching Ark too - it's a top 5 steam game that's consistently growing in popularity. The concept is quite interesting,  i can imagine the end game is pure pvp after you done conqured all the dinosaurs ? 

I've always liked games with magic for particle effects,  strategy,  and story lines that I can build my character personality on.  Most of my "dragon" character on this forum really comes from my role playing days lol!!  - shhh,  don't tell anyone though!!!   w00t

I dont do any pvp we have that disabled on our server but really its like you know a simulation of sorts.  I dont think I will ever do everything there is to do. Right now I am busy nesting and building a sort of dinosaur proof fortress so I can raise DoDo's and turtles .... so basically I am gonna be a DoDo farmer LOL. I decided the turtles are good tanks and since I am a bit strange and just like to walk/run everywhere I thought I would create a army of these turtles to follow me around and make sure the evil meat eaters are taken care of.    I am gearing up to go climb the nearest mountain but to do that I need my turtle army to tank so i can kill the meat eaters in the way Smile

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
9 Years Ago by urbanlamb
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Grimhilda (7/16/2015)

We are so very ripe for totalitarian control.  Actually, it has probably reached that stage - its just that many governments still adhere to the values of people of good will - but what happens when governments have criminal intent against sectors of the population?

I'm tempted to jump on a left-wing soap box and confirm and back up everything you said.  But it all draws down to this - criminality is a big part of the human condition - and it plays a role in shaping and maintaining society.  Many of the biggest names in history got their start through criminal activity.  The best we can do is be aware of this, decide who WE are, and pick our battles accordingly.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it." - Julius Caesar

I love studying the quotes from great minds,  gives me less to think about when making decisions these days,  I just consult my library of great quotes! lol

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@urbanlamb  dodo bird farmer!! w00t  That sounds like fun!!  something I would do!  but i'd be hunting other pvp'rs mano a mano / turtle a turtle! lol 

-  pvp is actually traditiional gaming -  playing cards vs friends and family,  or for that matter bowling and baseball,  is player vs player. it's a very social aspect of gaming,  except that some people just don't know how to act,   the way some people act online in games ....is like someone jumping up and screaming all sorts of obscenities everytime they won lol  -  which strangely enough,  I've always found dominoes to have that aggressive pvp spirit,   like when they slam down the last few ivory pieces when the game is almost over with doing some slam dunk'ish move on the last domino heh!

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

its kinda fun i actually once I thought about it am not sure if the pvp settings are off on our server its not like we try to grief each other and since i am busy building my dodo farm and turtle rangling barracks I haven't had much need to accidently kill someone if i miss.   The public servers for pvp are aweful due to the nature of the game you can work and logout and someone will come ruin it all on you so you can never progress.   If you find a group that likes tribal warfare you will have fun but you need a group that hosts their own server otherwise you will have a miserable time of it.     

anyhow its pretty fun for what they have done so far.    Its pretty old school like UO type style only with Dodo's  Tongue.   They release dino dosiers that you will eventually see in the game.      Anyhow if you find a decent group if you like PvP you can join a group that has a private pvp server so there is some control and you wont loose your progress when you logout.

For me though I am happy just raising my dodo's and working on my turtle army BigGrin

Dr. Seuss

Reading This Topic