Anything Goes!

Posted By planetstardragon 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
ahhh....try this .......create a start point ....then drag and drop the wizard right over it ....it creates a 3rd person camera for the rpg feel  -  Only works with the wizard character.

they are doing a lot to upgrade the game engine,  as it's still in it's starting phases -  

This is also the type of ez game making engine I'm thiking RL would do great with.   -  but add it on steam to get that gaming community  -  then make 2 interfaces ....one for gamers to make characters and buy stuff for their characters .....and another interface for game developers to make games for the steam community -  don't worry about people buying the game making interface .....we make the games from iclone!   it's the gamers we want to entertain as a community!

From there just make preset game templates for a few different styles of games,   for rpg - a blank skill bar with 8 skills -  and the developer decides what kind of skills will be available for his game from a list of presets. fireballs, lightning, water, earth, special attacks,etc ..it's the same thing in most rpg games -  then you make lua scripts for fps games and a fixed amount of scripted character types ....and lua for rts games -  you don't build the game ....you just build the parts needed to play those type of games. and let everyone design the battle field.... certain games follow the same rules, so it's not hard to sketch those games out in lua scripts!  The game developers build the rest.  A sort of sand box game that players build and RL just keeps giving them supplies to build with.   Gamers who don't want to develop.  get their character creator interface so they look good in whatever game they play that the developers make. - both developers and gamers buy add ons.

Think of games like a deck of cards,   you can play a variety of games with the same set of cards,  the rules just change ....well in a game engine,  those rules are lua scripts.  The lua scripts control if a game is Real Time Strategy,  or Fast Action PVP FPS,  or Role Play -  it's just all different rules but one game board to use them on.

and for bonus points,  figure out a system that can port those games to smart phones, so people can build their characters while traveling  ^.^

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (7/23/2015)
Armstrong,
I remember hearing prabhatM saying...at one point he was creating a statemachine, or having it created...
for one of his projects.

I look and say... Yep!  coder for sure.
I could not follow much longer after that.

Yes, this is for my IOT project. I am implementing it on a server side javascript realtime engine.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
sw00000p (7/23/2015)
Armstrong,
I'll keep it simple. I'm NOT a programmer. I pull  my hair out trying to follow the advanced stuff.

Gaming have come along way, but can NOT handle much HD.
What you are talking about... like UDK,Cry Engine and other High-End Game Engines have...
Huge Teams of Professionals with Millions to spend on gaming!

This is what I've done: ( I don't use any Plug-ins... I HARDCODE!)
• I've dropped quite a few bucks for Game Creation Videos.
• The first few games are the simple ones PSD is interested in. (Scripts readily available, but the game sucks.)
• Then I created an Asteroids game.
• Next, and RPG and Adventure game.
• Each lesson builds upon the next.

They are NOT AAA, but they compile with no errors.

I can NOT talk "Proper" regarding coding, because I simply never obtained any formal training.
I pick up terminology here and there. I don't know front-end  - back-end, nor anything between. If there is something.

What I do know is this:
1. Choose You Scripting Language. I chose CSharp.
2. Learn the Game Engines give set of functions and variable. ...(Unity is my choice). NOW CREATE CUSTOM Functions and Variables.)
3. Use Functions to control (Global and Local) variables.

Create a StateMachine to control all motions and keyboard selection. (THIS IS THE HEART OF ANY GAME!) $$$
I create (4) scripts.

• Animator
• Motor
• Camera
• Helper

At the start of the game:
Function Start....
1. An Idle state is initiated.
2. Waiting for keyboard input to initiate its next function.
3. Depending on  game type and complexity...

Determines what occurs next.

1. Learning... just enough of a scripting language (schema) is My First Hurdle.
2. Utilizing a  Game Engine's given Functions and Variables are the Next Hurdle.
3. ~ Create Multiple Custom Functions and Variables to suite the game type. ~
Combine the three to create a game.

Regarding pure SW coding for simple gaming, I strongly recommend the Phyton training available at https://www.coursera.org website:

"An Introduction to Interactive Programming" in Python by Rice University

The "plus" of this training are:

1. Phyton is the language used by Blender
2. The training is FREE
3. The teachers are very good & professional
4. The training material is well organized and the course itself is really amusing
5. You will learn how to program several simple video games, with increasing level of difficulties, till the ASTEROID video game

In this training there is nothing about game engine, 3D animation etc. etc. but it is still a good way to learn how to SW-code in a clean way some real-rime play-able video games using the concepts of OOP (Object Oriented programming)

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (7/23/2015)
prabhatM (7/23/2015)
Yes, this is for my IOT project. I am implementing it on a server side javascript realtime engine.

Did you create it?
It's a huge task to hard-code for a game.
...well, it is for me.

I am not creating a game. I am using the game technologies and logic in my IOT development for better interactivity.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@animagic,   game guru is on sale now - http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/http://store.steampowered.com/app/266310/it's a pretty simple engine, but easy for making a simple game that you can add iclone videos and props in,  in story mode.  very drag and drop  

instead of GameGuru,  I recommend for HQ Adventure Games  Adventurecreator,  a addon for the free Unity Engine.

Its very easy to learn and use.
You can use the full power of Unity's PBR and get a great complete visual editor without write a single  line of code.
Sometimes it is on sale, too .
With additional  the 3D xchange Pipeline Version,  you will have a  great Game developer environment.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks, vidi! That looks interesting, and it's not too costly.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Thank You Vidi!! BigGrin

Just so you know ,  on Game Guru,  you can make it fancier if you want with lua scripts,  it creates stand alone games ...and doesn't have restrictions about how much money you make like unity with it's $100k rule,  and their multi player already works on steam.....  each one has it's advantages    -  the fact that you can make multi-player games and put it right on steam is a nice marketing advantage imo. 

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Nasa is holding contests w00t Alien

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/challenges/nasa?ft_prog=FLC&ft_prog_id=100005102#robonautChallenges

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.6K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks, vidi! That looks interesting, and it's not too costly.         

There is  3,5 Hour Tutorial from Chris  the developer of AC,  so you will not lost at the beginning. 
Also you can ask him for help. He is  a very  friendly person.
AC get so many  5 stars rates not without reason.

http://www.adventurecreator.org/tutorials/making-3d-game

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Adventure creator looks good I will keep that one in mind.   I bought the game guru cause it was less then 10 bucks and I was curious.  If I ever want to truly make a game I will probably look at the adventure creator too Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Reading This Topic