3DXchange 6 - Release Schedule

Posted By Peter (RL) 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 2 votes.
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 minutes ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/36af1569-dc52-4c57-b112-36c9.jpg

3DXchange 6 - Coming Soon

3DXchange 6 is nearly ready to be released and we have plenty of exciting features coming for the next generation of our iClone conversion software. Not all new features will be released at once with more being added throughout the coming months in a series of upgrades. We know many of you are eagerly looking forward to 3DXchange 6 and are keen to know when it will be available. So please check out the release schedule below for all the details.

3DXchange 6.1 ("Early Release Version*" - Late May)
Available in three versions, Standard, Pro and Pipeline. This version is compatible with iClone 6 characters and props, allows one click update for iClone 6 and 3Dxchange 6, automatic conversion of Daz Genesis 2 characters, support for Sketchup 2013 - 2015, 3DS Max 2015, Maya 2015, Unity 5 and Unreal 4 and improved object optimization. *Please Note: This is classified as an "Early Release" version as it doesn't yet contain the full features we have planned. We are releasing this early to allow users to edit and export their iClone 6 content without experiencing further delays.

3DXchange 6.2 (3rd Quarter 2015)*
Along with iClone 6.2 we will be releasing the G6 Avatar Creator and full support for the G6 Characters. This will add additional functionality for the new generation of characters including new morph sliders, enhanced lip-sync and all new customization features.

And then later in the year we will have 3DXchange 6.3 featuring silent import and export, GoZ support, a new G6 Developer Pipeline for character creation plus iCloth and more. The new silent import and export feature provides a more efficient workflow allowing import and export directly from within iClone (if no conversion settings need to be edited).

We will be revealing further information about all the new features very soon, but for now this gives you a taster of the exciting things coming to the wonderful world of IClone in 2015. Smile

*Please be aware that this release schedule is subject to change.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 days ago
gee wiz.. I'm not surprised by this at all.. let us just milk it all out till next year.. Crazy
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month

Thank you Peter.

Although I find the further delays with the G6 character implementation particularly disappointing it has been very useful to have this “provisional”release schedule for 3DX6. I warmly welcome the appearance of these revelatory clefts in RL`s “wall of silence”. It will certainly help to inform my review and revision of forward planning on my remaining 2015 IC projects.

Having given the fledgling IC6 my best efforts over the past 6 months, I had already reluctantly come to the conclusion that I would continue to use IC5 as my main platform for the time being. It has features of efficiency for my methods and purposes, that are not yet fully available if using IC6 exclusively. I appreciate there are more “patches” and upgrades to come and I will enjoy exploring and learning to take full advantage their potential. 

Being kept regularly informed of developments, rather than left in ignorance, gives this customer a much more positive attitude. I shall look forward to the possibility of using a fully featured IC6 –3DX6 combination in 2016.

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
These upgrades look to be very exciting! Looking forward to next week to see 6.1 Smile
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I look forward to being able to develop more Cloths for the G6 Characters... Smile

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I, too, appreciate you sharing the plans with a tentative schedule.

Of course everyone wants it all, and we'd like to have it now!  I wish the full G6 character support was coming sooner.  Still, setting proper expectations is very helpful, even if not chiseled in stone.

I found your comment about "silent import and export" particularly interesting.  Does that mean we'll be able to do more work directly in the iClone interface, and 3DXchange will be invisible to the user for some functions (like importing some props and stuff like that)?

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

mr_vidius
mr_vidius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
well justaviking.. I will agree with you on that.. would be nice to have it all.. but I'm disappointed with promised features that were claimed
to be in the initial release of IC6. but instead.. we got an "oops".. your going to have to wait till x time to get that... then when x time came.. we
got another "oops". your going to have to wait till the new x time.. if you ask me.. IC6 won't get anywhere near the "exciting new features" till maybe
late next year.. and that is if we are lucky enough not to get another "oops".

they like to milk it, milk it.. they like to milk it, milk it.. they like to milk it, milk it... milk it!

vidius.

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you Peter!

Cloth creation?....... Very intriguing!!!!!

Can somebody explain me what does that mean : "Silent import export" ??
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks for the update Peter, still not mastered iClone 6 yet, so in no rush.

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Christy0
Christy0
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Sounding great for the future. I always love getting Xchange to help tweak characters.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e9080617-e063-46e7-ad69-a9c8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f125ca23-2f9f-40dc-b6cd-d1a8.png https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d5dd533e-e6d4-4ee9-9a17-91da.png

Reading This Topic