Copy Paste between projects

Posted By prabhatM 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
For last 2 weeks, I have been working with HitFilms. One could Copy any element / animation / composition from one project and paste in another using the normal Clipboard. It's so useful !

In DAZ, we have MERGE feature which is handy. But I don't think ICLONE has any such feature. It could be useful particularly when the users are advised to keep many versions of the projects and maintain small project size.
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Been wanting that from day one!!Crazy

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Cinema4D has an excellent cut-n-paste too... it lets us copy any keyframes from one character/prop to another, and any item or physical attribute from one project to another - even light settings. And it lets us work on one project while another one is rendering, without losing any speed... but best of all, it's got deformers, splines and mo-text that let us make and move anything in any shape, including alphabets... but if iClone had simple versions of them too, they'd clean up. Smile

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

dogged2003
dogged2003
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I was looking for how to transfer trees, settings Visual, light sources between projects ...
Let's make the iClone world better.

My YouTube channel.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Tarampa Studios (5/19/2015)
Cinema4D has an excellent cut-n-paste too... it lets us copy any keyframes from one character/prop to another...

That little bit should be working now, so it's a start.  You should be able to copy "same kind" of keys from one item to another, meaning you can copy a transform key from your cube to your sphere, etc.

I used to have a little daydreams of implementing a way to copy from project-to-project when the Python support gets released, but it's going to be way to limited (initially) to do anything even remotely close to that.  So we ask, and wait, and ask, and wait...

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
6 Years Ago by justaviking
pixelsplasher
pixelsplasher
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)Junior Member (112 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Five years later into today, tt blows my mind that the iClone developers never got around to making this basic function a reality--the ability to copy / paste any element between iClone projects. Instead, they keep pushing to sell 3DXchange, creating a work-flow bottleneck and encouraging users to use a pipeline to other realtime 3D programs and work there instead.

Reading This Topic