Uploading Sample Projects

Posted By Lord Ashes 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Is there a way to include multiple sample projects in a Market Place Content Pack without repeatedly including the same prop?

Consider a complex prop like a house which includes both external and internal components. If I made a few sample projects to show case some of the houses features (e.g. one for a walk around the exterior, one for a walk around the interior and say one for showcasing some of the animated parts of the house) then each of those projects would contain the prop. Assuming the pack would include the prop itself (so the user does not have to extract it from the project) and then the 3 sample projects, the prop (with all its properties likes textures) would, as far as I understand, be include 4 times (one alone and one in each sample project). This makes downloading the prop that much longer. Is it possible to create projects that include a reference to the contained props as opposed to including the props themselves? I understand that including the props in the project is, in most cases, desirable because it means you can carry around the whole project in a single file but in the case of selling content it becomes somewhat undesirable. 

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic