Profile Picture

Cannot import iClone motions into CTA2 Pipeline

Posted By Firefall 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Firefall
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi, I am not sure if this is an iClone 6 issue or CTA2 issue, so I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section.

I am using iClone6 Pro and CTA2 Pipeline. I brought some iClone motion packs hoping to transfer it into CTA2 after watching the tutorial. I can do it when the green "New" label was still on the motion icon. However, for motions that no longer have the "New" label, will not import. I get an error message in CTA2 "Load file failed!".

I tried the "Content 1-Click Verification" in iClone6 Pro and now CTA2 give that error for all the store brought motions. The motions that came with iClone6, I have no problems dragging & dropping them on a CTA2 G2 character as far as I can tell.

I am very new to both programs and I am still trying to figure out a lot of things. Can anyone please tell me what I did wrong or how I can import those files?

Thanks in advance.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
What are the names of the motion packs you are having trouble with? If you let me know I will check them out to see if there is a problem with them working in CTA2 Pipeline. Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Firefall
Firefall
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)Senior Member (278 reputation)

Thanks for the quick reply and help! It's the "Martial Art Poses" and the "Occupation - Career Motions" packs.
Firefall
Firefall
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

In case anyone is having the same problem, this was the solution/answer tech support gave me:

1)  "Just FYI, if you to install the iClone iMotion onto iClone 6 Template folder, you need to replicate the iMotion folder to CTA2 Template folder. Once you used it in iClone 6, you'll never can used it in CTA2. Basically, after installation, you need to duplicate it to CTA2 folder --OR-- to install again in CTA2 folder." I did not know I can install iMotion packs directly into CTA2. It worked well for me.

2) I also cannot import my own custom iClone 6 motions into CTA2. Apparently, that is not possible atm. CTA2 need to be updated to accept iClone 6's motion format.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I can confirm that any motions saved in iClone 6 won't open in CrazyTalk Animator 2. The embedded iClone 6 motions should work fine, but not any custom saved motions. We will try to address this problem in a future update.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thank you for that Peter!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Anderc335
Anderc335
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm trying to find some good dog characters for CTA2 so I can build my own dog.  Any suggestions?
Anderc335
Anderc335
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm new to CTA2 and I'm trying to find a good dog character so I can use the frame/bones to build my own dog.  I've done a lot of searching on the internet but can't find anything.  Any suggestions?
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/ccdproduct.aspx?contentid=ACR100CIENU010220140617002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZk7BfDmoK0

Funny Dogs
Author: Kurzal 
For CTA: v1.2 or above

iContent List Price : $12.10

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney
Edited
9 Years Ago by lesdodds
tonk
tonk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Is there a chance to use these iMotions by just opening iClone 5, save them within iClone 5 and use
them in CTA2?

Or possibly use the iClone6-motion in iClone 5 and save it in this program for later
use in CTA2?

Reading This Topic