Cannot import iClone motions into CTA2 Pipeline

Posted By Firefall 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 minutes ago
Jerome V (11/11/2015)

Peter, you don't have to apologize for the bug, just tell us exactly when this problem will be solved. Are you still active on this forum? We could definitely use an update here, or at least a little more info.

Could we please have an answer to our questions? It has been 6 months(!) since you told us that Reallusion was aware of the issue, and that you would work on addressing the problem. This really shouldn't take this long, guys, unless you just don't want us to import our custom Mocap-data into iClone6 directly...... do you?

I've invested in your new Mocap-software, and I bought the Kinect for X-Box One + interface just for iClone 6 and CTA 2 (both Pipeline editions). When I purchased all this, Reallusion didn't make any attempt to warn me about the issue, which would definitely have been a deal breaker for me.

I expect you guys to come up with a solution a.s.a.p., before I'm starting to suspect that this 'bug' was built into the software intentionally, just to protect your content store.

I am usually quite patient and understanding, but what really annoys me now, is the complete lack of feedback, updates, and info regarding the issue. This is totally unacceptable. If I would treat my customers the same way, I would be out of business in just a couple of days.

Please, stop ignoring us, and tell us when exactly this bug will be fixed. We need to know this! I'm sure you'd agree that we, as your loyal customers, have the right to be taken seriously, right?

Any feedback would be appreciated (ANY feedback, really).

- Jerome

Hi Jerome,

At present any motion files from or designed for iClone 6 will not work in CTA2 Pipeline.

If you purchase motion packs from the content store or marketplace that are iClone 5 compatible then these can be installed directly into CTA2. If the motion packs are designated as iClone 6 only then these won't work in CTA2 unfortunately.

Sadly for technical reasons this issue won't be fixed until the next release of CTA. I'm sorry I can't bring you better news.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
The other caveat is if you're an iClone user, and you're creating new motions for use in CTA2, and you're using IC6 to do so, you are S.O.L..  You will not be able to use IC6 to create whole new motions for CTA2 at all.  RL doesn't see this as a problem, and this issue will not be fixed, until the next release of CTA, which will no doubt be a paid upgrade.

Reading This Topic