Game Character Animation Contest Announcement

Posted By Visconti 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Visconti
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/8ed9271b-53ff-48b2-ae4b-518f.PNG

Reallusion and Polycount announce the 2015 Game Character Animation Contest providing 3D artists, animators and game developers with a chance to animate and win from over $5,000 in cash, 3D software and 3D content prizes. Sponsored by: PolyCount, Allegorithmic, Indigo, Renderosity, DAZ3D, 3DArtist and 3DTotal.

The contest will start April 25th and close July 10th for final submissions. Winners will be announced on June 30, 2015.

UPDATE: Please note the deadline for the contest has now been extended to July 10th 2015.

For more info, please visit
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/event/2015-contest/

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
ThoJah
ThoJah
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello ! Nice idea your contest ! I'm really excited ! BigGrin

I'll start to work soon !! Wink
Edited
9 Years Ago by ThoJah
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I am on it too and very excited about the contest. Can't wait to contribute, but it will take some time. I hope to see many good animations in this contest.

Good luck ...

Direx
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Gang,
Many thanks for the cool opportunity with iclone animations in the competition.

I'm only a newb so I'm still a bit lost, but I've been poking around their forums for an hour and found a stack of free models and advice that's made it highly rewarding for me already!! YAYY!!

And I'm very excited to see what the pro members can come up with... can't wait to make it through the initial moderation delay of a day or two at Polycount so I can get my fingers and nose even deeper into it over there and maybe have a play myself.

So many thanks again

Smile

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
hcameron90
hcameron90
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
On the intro page of the contest site, it states "Entrants can submit sketches, mockups, 3D rendered images, or preview animations to take part in the various early stages of this contest."

Does this mean that this contest is just stage One of a bigger prize at the end?

and can you tell us if it is, or is it a secret?
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Bleetz (4/27/2015)
Hi Gang,
Many thanks for the cool opportunity with iclone animations in the competition.

I'm only a newb so I know I've got no chance, but I've been poking around their forums for an hour and found a stack of free models and advice that's made it highly rewarding for me already!! YAYY!!

And I'm very excited to see what the pro members can come up with... can't wait to make it through the initial moderation delay of a day or two at Polycount so I can get my fingers and nose even deeper into it over there and maybe have a play myself.

So many thanks again

Smile

You're not on your own there! I've been using iClone for many years but the standard for this comp maybe beyond my abilities!

Also I have to wait until Polycount let me use their forum fully. Every post I make needs to be approved first. so unless that gets sorted I might not even bother!

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Stefos
Stefos
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago

I joined you can keep up to date here:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152392

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d367d5ce-a3fa-43a5-bf80-78ee.png
Greco Arts
www.grecoarts.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by stephen_20110417044821793
AndrePeisker
AndrePeisker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Here is my Link for the " Game Character Animation Contest" the WIP Thread in the Polycount Forum.

I decided me for Tomb Raider / Lara Croft

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152401

Greets Andre Wink
Edited
9 Years Ago by AndrePeisker
thedirector1974
thedirector1974
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
And here is the link to my WIP thread over there ...

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152243

Direx
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Hello All,

I've come up with away to do this competition and still work on my projects. So I've started a WIP thread over at Polycount.

Projects called "Batman: The Last Laugh"

I'm going to use only iClone specific assets, so I won't be importing models though 3DXchange but building everything within iClone. Unless previously converted.

LINK

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Cape Smile

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Reading This Topic