Does Unity5 work with iClone5?

Posted By KenCoon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I am loading up my all in one computer to take on vacation. I will not have internet on this computer while I am there.
I am wondering if I can move assets from iClone5 to Unity or are they separate things?
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
you would need the 3DX5 pipeline version to be able to export the characters to FBX for unity. Any 3rd party character you purchased, will have to be upgraded with a new purchased license to be export enabled to use with any 3rd party program, such as unity. There is one price for use in iclone, and a usually higher export price to use in 3rd party software.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
KenCoon (4/2/2015)
I am loading up my all in one computer to take on vacation. I will not have internet on this computer while I am there.
I am wondering if I can move assets from iClone5 to Unity or are they separate things?
KenSmile

A computer on the bed side during vacation !!!!
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

There is a reason for that. My wife will have one computer and my son usually takes the other one. I end up with a computer most of the time. I do manage to get plenty of rest.BigGrin
KenSmile
EDIT:
Is this the one i will need or is there another?
Facial Pipeline Character Pack (includes DAZ Genesis Extension)
Ken
Edited
9 Years Ago by KenCoon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

KenCoon (4/2/2015)
There is a reason for that. My wife will have one computer and my son usually takes the other one. I end up with a computer most of the time. I do manage to get plenty of rest.BigGrin
KenSmile
EDIT:
Is this the one i will need or is there another?
Facial Pipeline Character Pack (includes DAZ Genesis Extension)
Ken

Haha...cool.

Facial pipeline Duf should be good. Just reduce it to a single frame before exporting from daz. Keep it 1fps. It will save you time.

Unity iclone pipeline should work seamlessly. Do you have an interest in gamd development ?
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Always have for some reason. Maybe my 10 year old is part of that.
There is an AGF program that is hot on the iclone6 forum to make terrains and it also makes some parts of games. I got that one and downloaded Unity 5 Free just to mess with while I am not making my movie there. We will be in and out of there for a few months. Usually a few weeks at a time.
I plan to work on the iClone movie "the Book of Ruth" while I am there and have been wondering what i will do besides swim in the outdoor pool and ride bikes with my boy.
These seemed to be a nice alternative. i will have some time that i can go over to the place outside the office and get on the Internet with my netbook computer to view tutorials and check the forums.
This all ends around June sometime and Ray goes back to school and I am back here again almost all the time.
KenSmile
EDIT:
I just noticed the Pipeline version of 3dVchange5 is on sale for 149.
Edited
9 Years Ago by KenCoon
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

KenCoon (4/2/2015)
Always have for some reason. Maybe my 10 year old is part of that.
There is an AGF program that is hot on the iclone6 forum to make terrains and it also makes some parts of games. I got that one and downloaded Unity 5 Free just to mess with while I am not making my movie there. We will be in and out of there for a few months. Usually a few weeks at a time.
I plan to work on the iClone movie "the Book of Ruth" while I am there and have been wondering what i will do besides swim in the outdoor pool and ride bikes with my boy.
These seemed to be a nice alternative. i will have some time that i can go over to the place outside the office and get on the Internet with my netbook computer to view tutorials and check the forums.
This all ends around June sometime and Ray goes back to school and I am back here again almost all the time.
KenSmile
EDIT:
I just noticed the Pipeline version of 3dVchange5 is on sale for 149.

Planet and I are generalists. We tend to look at many things and discuss. But please dont get distracted by these things and dont spend any money hurriedly. We would love you to do a great job with your existing project.

Now I have decided to do non-competitive animations and writing when I hit 73+. Thanks for being an inspiration.Smile

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

well ken, I must admit, I'm very curious to see a game that you would make!

maybe you can mix it with your story of Ruth, and do part game, part movie! w00t it doesn't get more interactive than that. Especially for your books, the video explains the story, and the game lives it! Cool

I'd start with AGFpro first, since it is simple to use, and can make it's own game without unity. Once you make a great game in AGFpro that people enjoy - then you can upgrade it in Unity.

I'm just saying this because I can see you spending more time doing tutorials than actually getting anything done, if you start with unity first. Meanwhile, you can make a ton of games fast with agfpro and see which is worth upgrading in unity.

I can learn software relatively fast, ( not master it, but learn to use it ) - Unity leaves me dazed and confused - not to mention, I never really gave thought to how to really make a game, sure I've had game ideas, but have come to realize, I imagined a scenario, not an entire game. I learned this one after I had an idea the game developer in the game team I'm with liked, he sent me a form to fill out to show my idea - I couldn't figure out a name for it, let alone fill in the pages of detail, story, objective, levels, characters, points of interest, and pages of info needed to make a game.

I quickly felt the need to say "nevermind" and just play a game for fun, i like making motions, and leave it at that.... wwwway to much to think about imo! lol At least AGFpro, has half that work done for me by the time i start. lol, if i do ANYTHING that by popular demand was worth upgrading in unity pro, i'd love nothing more than to give swoop that work.

Edited
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

What kind of game? (I am not leaving The Book of Ruth.)
My son reminded me that he was only interested in a program we bought back in Sept 2013 called RPG maker. It cost somewhere around $70. It is still there.
I downloaded it last night on the Notebook even though it was a bit large for that. ( Screen Resolution problems).
I am going to add it to the All in one.
We made a few games with it where the hero must accomplish some goal to complete the game.
It has heros and bad guys, monsters to fight and you put in a storyline. Usually going from place to place doing things to get through without dying. Pretty interesting and easy to put together. We seem to have done that for a few months and then went on to something else.
Now he mostly plays games. I am trying to get him back to making them. Maybe this will do it. Of course I am running the risk of losing the computer with iClone on it in the process for awhile.
You could probably pop over there and if your game idea looks like it could be made there, let me know. I will see what I can do. The games come out on a .exe format so they can be played on any PC.
Ken
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

what i saw with you, is to do a 5 minute video of the Ruth story, then a mini game that plays it out. Just pick out sections of the story that would make the most sense in a game.

Telling you this idea, inspired another similar idea that could work for a project I'm working on! w00t

Edited

Reading This Topic