Profile Picture

Media Export problems

Posted By wendyelf 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wendyelf
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
I go through the whole process of exporting as an avi, but the result is just a distorted mess. The sound is okay, and eyes mouth etc moving, but part of the characters have moved around the page, and are superimposed on top of other parts.... it is very wierd. Tried all different methods of exporting, but no avi plays properly when it has been exported. I want to take the crazy talk segments I have made and use them in a movie I am making in serif movie plus. Spent all day working on it, and its driving me nuts! In crazytalk (am using 6), the film runs perfectly, only have problems trying to export it.

If I haven't torn my hair out by tomorrow I might even resort to filming my computer screen with my web cam to capture that elusive crazy talk segment!!!

Help!!!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi,

Which codec are you using to export your AVI video? If you are planning on using your video editor to complete the process then you could try exporting in uncompressed video. This will be a large file size but best quality.

If you do not have a good quality codec like DivX or XVid then have you tried Windows Media Video (WMV) as your export option. If the same problem exists in this format then clearly the problem is down to something else.

Try other codecs and WMV format and let us know your results. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wendyelf
wendyelf
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)Junior Member (241 reputation)

Be gentle with me! Erhm.... sorry... I don't know what a codec is... Sad... (I have done well to post on the forum, never mind anything else!).

I used crazytalk 5 no problems on the same computer I am using now, and had no problems at exporting. I allways export as uncompressed avi files, yes, large file size but good quality.

Have tried exporting as wmv, same problem, doesn't work.

Have also just copied the .ctp file I made today to my laptop (again, have used imy laptop using crazytalk 5, and had no problems exporting) and export it from there (into an avi), thinking it might be my computer.... but again....doesn't work!

Any other ideas? Given that I have little understanding of computer tech stuff, is there any chance it might help if I download the programme again and reinstall???
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi,

To deal with the codec question first. A codec is used to reduce the size of your raw video down to a more manageable size. When exporting video from any software, a codec is normally used because otherwise the file size of the video would be massive and not practical for most uses.

When you output AVI video from Crazytalk 6 you will be presented with the codec options screen (see below). This is the point you choose the codec to use. This exact same process was also used in Crazytalk 5 so I assume you have just been accepting the default option here and continuing.

As Crazytalk 5 did not give you any problems, it looks unlikely to be a codec problem. More likely is it is down to a graphics card issue. CT6 requires more graphical power than CT5 did and so that would account for why you had no problems previously.

One important thing to do to help this situation is to get the latest graphics drivers for your system. You will have either an Nvidia, ATI or Intel graphics card and you should get the latest drivers from their website.

If you would like to supply your system specifications including graphics card I'll try to help you further and point you in the right direction.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

wendyelf
wendyelf
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

awwww - interesting!!! Thank you for being so patient, and explaining in terms I can now clearly understand. I will find out what graphics card I have, and update the drivers..... however it is now 2.30 am here (am in London!)... so will leave this problem until tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help - will continue this tomorrow!
wendyelf
wendyelf
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Morning... Mr Helpful!

To continue - personally, I don't think its my graphic card. I have a whiz kid computer son (who is gonna look at this issue with me tonight when he gets back from work) - and he tells me I have all the latest drivers installed (he built my computer for me, so he knows). He suggested it might be the codec - I have tried various ones I have, to no avail. Have uploaded a pic of the output of the avi - as you can see, when it is exported, it does not integrate the masked out non-movement areas with the moving areas.

What info do you need about my system? Not sure what info you need or how to access it, but whizzkid offspring does, and will get him on the case when he gets home. Also he has mega amazing computer system (online gaming top of the range hardware). Am wondering if I could install crazytalk6 on his computer, and try to export it as avi (seeing as my problems only arise with exporting), then he can give me the file as an avi so I can incorporate it into my movie editing project. A pain though, even if that worked, would rather be able to do the whole thing on my computer!

Check out the photo and let me know what you think the issue might be.... big thank yous!
wendyelf
wendyelf
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

this is the pic am trying to include

grrrrrr - can't even get the pic to show!

try here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/46018174@N00/3748398073/

p.s. am just attempting to upload directly to youtube - not what I want to do, but might help find out what the problem is...(not sure how it helps, but gotta do something!!!)
Edited
15 Years Ago by wendyelf
djps55
djps55
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
try downloading apple quicktime,and then see if you can watch project,i use wmv when i export my crazytalk projects,but on any avi projects(video/audio i use my quicktime)
give it a try.
djps55
djps55
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
also make sure to always hit new project,when ever using crazytalk 6,i had the same problem as you only i had exported to wmv. if i did not hit new project before starting project,i had same results as you.
wendyelf
wendyelf
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hiya... thanks for your input! Tried both things suggested - watching on quicktime= no, same problem. I opened a new project, did a quick 2 character scene, then tried to export... won't export as avi, or wmv. I get the same distortion, where the exported film does not integrate the characters into the whole film. They are separated out from the background image and appear offset. Have tried not using the masking tool, and just had the two characters talking, but where they were chosen within the whole image by their 'character boxes' (don't know what you call them, the coloured boxes that are used to decide where to put the faces), when I exported, again, they were not integrated, and offset.

Again - all plays perfectly well within within crazytalk itself! So much so, its driving me mad, cos the new programme is just so great to use (love the camera editor), and having two or more characters to manipulate is awesome.

I could go back to using crazytalk5 I suppose... but that would be like having a car and giving it up to travel by roller skates!

Again, thanks for your input. My other options include a) waiting for son-with-big-speedy-computer to get home so I can trying loading up and exporting via his machine b) shooting the film running on crazytalk on my screen, using a web cam (how ridiculous, but show what lengths I will go to!) c) bang my head against the wall and chew off my fingernails with frustration!

Reading This Topic