2015 Passion Competition updates

Posted By Harb40 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Harb40
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The 2015 version of the Passion Competition is starting to take shape.

A new section for 2015 has been added to the Competitions section of the Competition forums. The dates have been released and a quick update on prizes.

One change that will happen this year is there will be no 'exclusion for previous year's winners'. Everyone will be able to submit to both the video and short story categories.

The prize packages will be determined by participation. I will be working up something with the sponsors (still to be determined) on prize availability set by how many entries we receive. Due to the low turnout last year, the sponsors cut back on what they were willing to offer. So, I will try to work up 2 or 3 sets of packages with a higher quality of prize for each level of participation (to be determined but it looks like a minimum of 25-30 entries to hit the second level and probably 40-50 for top level [one sponsor usually only offers 1 piece of software per 20 entries so in order to get the top level I would like, we would have to have 60+ entries]). This is still to be determined.

Let us know what you would like to see in order to increase the amount of participation.
What we would like to hear from you is what you would like to see in order to get the iClone/Crazy Talk community more involved. All suggestions will be looked at and considered so please don't hold back. What has been the reason for not entering? Please let us know.

Passion is my business.
Gerskey
Gerskey
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Harb,
Can I add this to your competition as it's made with Iclone5 and Crazytalk7.

Peace
Gerskey
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Hey Gerskey, thanks for your interest.

On July 11th the theme for this year will be announced. (We are sure everyone will be happy with this one since it has a very broad interpretation)

Then, from August 8th to October 3rd, submissions will be accepted on the competition forums in the designated thread. The videos can be uploaded anywhere you want (as long as access is open to everyone) and then a link is placed in the submision thread.

As long as the film meets the requirements (except for theme, the requirements are the same every year), it will be accepted.

So, to answer your question, we will have to wait until July 11th to find out.

iClone, CrazyTalk, Muvizu, Daz, Poser, The Movies, Moviestorm, the Sims, live action films and more are all acceptable mediums.

I hope this helps answer your question. Smooooth

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This year we are going to be awarding prizes according to participation. The greater the participation, the better the prize packages.

At present time, here is how it looks:

Video Category

35+ entries:

1st Place
iClone Pipeline or equivalent DA points
Sony Vegas Pro 13 Suite
Sony Sound Forge Pro 11
Moviestorm Max (perpetual) or 10000 MS points

2nd Place
CTA 2
Sony Vegas Pro 13
Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
1 yr Moviestorm Themed Bundle or 8000 MS points

3rd Place
CrazyTalk 7
Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite
3 month Moviestorm Themed Bundle or 2500 MS points

4th Place
Sony Movie Studio Platinum

5th Place
$100 Amazon Gift Card

15-35 Entries:

1st Place
iClone 6 Pro
Sony Vegas Pro 13
Moviestorm Max (perpetual) or 10000 MS points

2nd Place
CTA 2
Sony Vegas Pro 13

3rd Place
Sony Movie Studio 13 Suite

4th Place
$50 Amazon Gift Card

10-15 Entries:

1st Place
iClone 6 Pro
Sony Movie Studio 13
3 mo Moviestorm Themed Bundle or 2500 MS points

2nd Place
1 mo Moviestoem Themed Bundle

3rd Place
$25 Amazon Gift Card

1-9 Entries:

1st Place
$25 Amazon Gift Card

2nd Place
$25 Amazon Gift Card

Short Story Category

8+ Entries:

1st Place
Final Draft Pro

2nd Place
Final Draft Pro

3rd Place
$50 Amazon Gift Card

1-7 Entries:

1st Place
Final Draft Pro

2nd Place
$50 Amazon Gift Card

3rd Place
$25 Amazon Gift Card

We are still waiting on responses from a few other potential sponsors.

All prizes are subject to change.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

http://bit.ly/2015promo1

The Passion Competition and Joseph Kwong present to you the 1st promo for the 2015 competition.

Passion is my business.

Reading This Topic