Profile Picture

A Special Marketplace 4Schools 2Download our Videos as teaching resources

Posted By Tarampa Studios 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

A Special Marketplace 4Schools 2Download our Videos as teaching...

Author
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi Gang,

I know I'm only a newbie on the animation scene, but as a bestselling author of non-fiction with several prestigious awards for science fiction,fantasy and children's adventure storiesunder my belt over these past 15 years, I know from personal experience that the education market is *STARVING* for animated story tellers and teaching resources, especially for historical non-fiction, and literary classics, but also for animated ebooks and picture ebooks (which can be as simple as screenshots with captions, or even POD DVD's via the free Amazon websites, https://Createspace.com and Kindle Direct Publishing ( https://kdp.amazon.com but those sites can now also be used for publishing graphic novels, using screenshots of your work and let you upload animations as promotional trailers)...

So please refer to the attached pdf document for my "Unusual Wish for Reallusion", which includes details and examples of how we can all improve our incomes and promotional opportunities if we had a Central Public Marketplace to make our work and services available to the education markets internationally.

BigGrin

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Attachments
My Unusual Wish 4 Reallusion.pdf (160 views, 227.00 KB)
Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Crazytalk animator could be used education but There isn't enough props and characters. The characters are recycled from Crazytalk animator 1. Reallusion offers educators 50% off software for a very limited. School have very limited budgets right now. The world economy is slowing down again. Central banks haven't raised interest rates for a very long time. Reallusion needs to improve software content to encourage purchase of the software. I try to keep about 15% to 20% of my props free for users to download.
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Sorry, but I think you missed my point completely. There is already a webpage where educators can buy the software and props at a discount... I don't mean that at all... I mean for educators to buy the *finished* educational films by our *members*... like going to a DVD shop online.

There is nothing like that anywhere. At the moment, the closest thing is Amazon, and as I explain in the 8 ways to make money in the attachment below; most libraries and schools are not allowed to purchase from Amazon.

coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Its very time consuming and expensive to create educational content. There might be an opportunity in creating educational content but you would have to create backgrounds, props and characters by yourself. I'd like to encourage other content developers to comment on this topic. There is a market for educational content but you would need a lot of content to start making short films.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
There's really not a lot of people activelly engaged in the creation and sales of such content. Its usually almost always based on someone commissioning a project on an as needed basis. Very rare to find an enterprising person single handedly creating such content.

Then you also have to consider RL's market is not the end consumer but rather the creator who will build such content using the raw materials provided at their marketplace.

There is actually quite a lot of places already in existence where a creator can get their content distributed most have areas already in place specifically for educational or historical content. You mentioned amazon, but theres also Netflix,Hulu,iTunes, youtube (yes you can publish pay content on youtube), any of the mobile app stores, I can go on and on but there a hell of a lot of outlets for it.

You can also go the independedent route. Build your own website where you can publish your own content and charge for it. I build these type of sites for clients all the time. Of course it defeats the purpose of having a community of creators supplying content as you suggest, but again, the number of people actively engaged in doing such work is already a niche, placing that amongst a community thats already targetting a niche, then you have a niche within a niche. It would require a lot of marketing dollars to make it known to the right consumer, I doubt RL would want to invest in it.

If they did it be great tough. Macromedia used to have shockrave.com and atom.com which was a distribution outlet for people who created using their tools. Those sites tankedk, by the way. And adobe now owns Macromedia.

From a finished content standpoint, givent their audience, the only educational content that would really sell here is tutorials and such for the software they sell.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So true. Thanks heaps for your insights...
Alas, a lot of those are off limits for the educational market too, but that's okay, because since first posting this link, I've hooked up with 7 other like-minded developers, three of whom are icloners, so it's looking very promising much sooner than I expected... yay!

Smile

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Why were they off limits?

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

It's a policy of many educational departments in many states and countries around the world, ever since one of the major international teacher conferences nearly 10 years ago, when they debated the topic of quality resources materials from the big A during the rise of self publishing, when it was largely decided that, despite ease of accessibility, the big A was not the surest place from which to purchase quality educational content, because there were too many first-time writers who were attempting to present their books as if they were quality material, when they were just dreck... and the situation is now worse than it was back then, due to the flood of new first-time authors...

So as standard policy in most places, each department determines its own reputable local sources, and they share that information with the databases for neighbouring states, and at international conferences... and the fastest way to get on this unofficial white list, is to publish/produce books/dvds via large reputable international publishers/studios... their goal is to ensure quality educational resources for students, but once you're established with a good rep in their industry, as I am, the individual schools can request special permission from their education department/board of trustees to set up a new purchasing order number for a smaller, private supplier, such as an author/animator's own company.... or one recommended by them as a source of their materials.

And since Reallusion already has website resources to accept international payments, deduct their royalty, if any, and distribute the balance fairly to each participating member, and since they already love to keep an eye on the quality of work that they showcase anyway, it seemed like a natural next step, because it would also rocket their profile into a whole new area of next-gen animators, via their teachers (who are amongst the most curious of all careers, right up there with research scientists, haha...)

As you may have guessed by now; Teacher-librarians are the gate-keepers *AND* keymasters to the industry, but they are *always* on the look-out for cool new things to teach their kids, so a page for selling/giving reliable end-product videos to students would be a boon for them as well - especially short videos that can keep kids busy in those awkward days when the teacher is sick/late to class/or finished all their exams for the year)

And it would be a tasty way to seduce them closer to all the existing pages about software and content for sale, in case they *may* be able to squeeze Animation101 into their curriculum through one of their "elective" subjects for students... so far, the free programs, such as blender, daz etc are the most popular for this, simply because of cost, but I personally know of at least 3 schools in my own sparse rural area that would leap at the chance to buy the software if it came with me as a teacher - and in the meantime, they're still starving for short video content for their kids - and it's on subjects like the vids already done by existing members, as mentioned in my first attachment...

not that I have time or desire to detour off into teaching animation while I'm so close to finishing our first feature film and commencing our second, but that's also why I wanted to offer it to the gang here, in case anybody else wanted to run with it, coz anybody who has already done tutorials for iclone or crazytalk are already set up to know exactly how to set up and pace a tute for max info in min timeframe. I already know there are members who have short animations suitable for the ed-market, and by having a site where we can all post our completed vids would make it many times easier to establish and recommend on the grapevine in a way that we could all benefit...

But I can also understand why Reallusion would be hesitant to help us sell/promote to a market that can have such a ferocious appetite. It's 300 times bigger than the gaming industry, at least. And if anybody tries to invent aspects of history in a video and pass it off as fact (without making the difference clear/debatable in a Q& A sheet, for example), then this one rotten egg could spoil the rep for the whole barrel.

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

And re the comment about being time-consuming and expensive to produce educational content, that's not necessarily true. I personally churn out over two minutes per week at nearly no cost, thanks to all the stock content that came with the software, as well as tonnes of freebies here and via turbosquid, 3dwarehouse and other freebie modelling sites...

Luckily most educational topics can be nailed in 1 to 5 minutes, and can go viral if the animator handles it in a fun, memorable and informative way...

e.g. even the most fledgling animator can whip up a freebie using stock content from crazytalk and still do a better job than this weird-*** viral toon... oh, please sweet Lords of Reallusion, will somebody please run a contest or take half a day to whip up a better option for our kids..?

Coz this one from the uni of youtube is right up there with waterboarding and electric shock torture, LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvXgFLV2gOk

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bleetz

Reading This Topic