how can I realign the gizmo back to normal

Posted By dadarudran 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
dadarudran
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
My problem is the somehow the gizmo got separated from a character, and it is ruining the motion. I can't get the gizmo to realign with the character again. I checked and unchecked the box "reset motion root" but there was no effect. I checked and unchecked the box "align actor motion" but again it was not helpful. If I click on any bone in "Edit motion layer", the gizmo temporarily returns to its normal position, but as soon as I close the "Edit motion layer" panel, the gizmo returns to the wrong, separated position. As an experiment I imported a motion and that also returned the gizmo temporarily to its normal position, but it was only temporary. (iClone 5) Please help!

Dada Rudran
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I've gotten that error - but unfortunately never figured out how to re-align it, worst part is that in my own experience ...it was recorded in the motion file. Technically the avatar is fine, but something fell out of place and got recorded in the motion file, and there is no one fix button to reset it.

I've since learned that better use of the pins on the motion layer panel, help prevent this issue.....I was creating martial arts moves, which involved lots of turning, twisting, jumping etc... without the pins properly locking parts of the character down, every extreme move seemed to nudge the gizmo some, till eventually it was just totally off center. pinning areas of the character when i was keyframing helped prevent that from happening.

Now what i mean by pinning, is if you look at all the circles on the avatar in the motion layer panel....they start default gray, but if you right click on them, they will change modes - prevent rotation...or prevent turn (twist ) ...and 3rd option prevent turn and rotation.

so say for example, you are doing martial arts, and your character is turning north while his legs and feet are facing west... ...pin everything that's not supposed to move so the IK chain doesn't move it. technically you don't have to pin everything, just the point of the body that you don't want to move at all..

I also made a special character with markings on it specifically for keyframing, because it's so easy to abnormally twist a limb with zero reference as to it's proper alignment....I drew lines on the avatar that gave me a visual reference of the default rotation of the bones, which helped me create natural twists and turns - abnormal rotations also contribute to the shifting gizmo.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
I get this using the mix move motions in particular
imported aniblocks from DAZ baked to timeline do it too mixed with persona based moves and performs.
I have only ever been able to fix it exporting the motion through pipeline as a bvh and editing the keyframes for transform in Carrara myself (insert external keyframe editing software of choice here).
The problem is iClone does not show all the keyframes involved, it is usually on the hip rather than root node and sometimes on every abdominal bone!

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
This might help. It seems overly complicated, but it works. The key is to realize that there are a couple layers of gizmology.

The gizmo you select in the scene is the outside layer, and the one in the Motion Layer" is the inner one. If they are in the same place, you'll get what you expect when adding new motions or using a right-click walk.

This may be of interest to you as well.

I ma6y come up with a quicker solution soon, as I am planning on using some mocap data. Mocap data does not move the root, in fact, no iclone motions do. Thos boxes you checked effect how the root is handled when a motion is added to the scene.

Using the "align motion", by right-clicking on it, will cause the same issue. It works pretty well though.
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
dadarudran
dadarudran
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Thanks very much for all three replies.
Was there any speaking to go along with the two two tutorials? For me, the two tutorials were a little hard to follow when just watching them with no voice to clarify, since my experience is limited. Rampa said that you might be able to come up with an easier version. If so, it would be great. However, you mentioned that you might refer to mocap and I don't have this feature.
Since the issue is rather technical, maybe I should put my question into the forum about solving technical problems, unless Rampa can come up with an easier way to adjust the gizmo.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Is anyone else having audio not working on these? I'm getting audio with them.

When I mentioned mocap, it just means iMotions that were converted from BVH motion capture files. I did not actually do the capturing myself, but used free BVH files I downloaded and converted with 3DXchange. They are no different then other iMotions in terms of how they work.

This is one of the most confusing things about using iClone! It is a hard concept to grasp, and also a hard one to fix well in iClone. I've got my thinking cap on, and hopefully can come up with a streamlined approach.

dadarudran
dadarudran
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks again, Rampa. Now I have the audio working. I didn't try to use your info yet but I will try soon.

Dada

Reading This Topic