Problem with joint masking a constructed character

Posted By gongora.animations 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gongora.animations
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi everyone,

So I made a custom character that was built in illustrator, and then transferred it over to drawplus to make all the multi angles, and exported as a .swf to work on the template mode within CTA2 Pipeline.

Everything worked fine and I did all of the little fixes in certain sprites to make them move more smoothly through bone joint re-alignment and joint masking.

There is only one area, however that for some reason just refuses to work properly. I don't understand why but I hope that someone who is more of a CTA2 veteran can tell me.

The joint mask for the left forearm has been activated, yet it doesn't make a difference. No matter what angle I rotate the character in, the left forearm is ALWAYS over the left arm parent.

Now I know that I can override this by going to the layer editor in stage mode, and send the L forearm to the back of the L arm. But that is only a temporary fix, and ends up being extremely tedious editing that portion on the timeline for every specific animation movement.

I just want the joint mask to work here. Please if anyone knows the workaround for this problem I would appreciate it immensely!

Juan

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
It is not to see on your picture but have you draw for both parts these outline ?

it should look like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Yep what Vidi said would be the best approach.

Also you can adjust the layering inside the character composer per each individual angle. That usually helps.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
gongora.animations
gongora.animations
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)Veteran Member (993 reputation)

Thanks Vidi and Ibis!

I went back to draw plus and changed the design to have that blank area in the foream like the picture you showed and it looks much better now!

The layer masking in just that part is still not working but at least this new change makes it much less noticeable.

Juan
Ottinho
Ottinho
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

So, there goes another "Help" that don't fix anything.

Reading This Topic