Book Of Ruth Progress Report

Posted By KenCoon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
This is how far I have gone into The Book Of Ruth.
I know the title is low and there are many gaps that need to be fixed. Some of the camera work isn't good and other problems.
The files were sent from iClone to Magix Edit Pro2015 in WMV format. The video from iClone was mixed with music from another source and I used Audacity to get the Narrator voice in.
All the titles and credits are from Magix.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-M4sFZsIFc
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
the music is too loud, it's drowning out the narration. it's off to a nice start though.

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I have to adjust that. My ears have gone bad for the most part and I must use a headset. The audio in my videos gives me a problem. I tried to adjust the background music before but the file I used to render the movie may have been the wrong one.
I am still learning to use the programs and get them set up right.
I found out there is a different manual for the program I have than the one I printed before.
More work. Keeps me out of the bars and off the streets.
Thanks
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

there's a little mixing trick for balancing that ......play the music very low...as low as possible - then make sure you hear the vocals clearly over the music at that level. That is a good reference for mix balancing Cool

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Don't think of the BKG music now. Stay focussed on the story and animation.

Only when you are through with your movie with dialogue, feel the mood of the scene progression and then choose the appropriate music.

Also feel you need to use pauses in your narration. Audacity is pretty good for inserting silence in between. Do your audio track first, fine tune that, then do your animation and finally your BKG music. As Planet said we must lower the BKG music to the lowest possible where the narration is absolute clear.

The Voice talent is good.

All the best.

Prabhat
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

If I can get things to stop breaking around here I need to make the Screenplay so I can get some voices. I am the only one right now. After the screenplay, I will get the voices and then make the video.
The background music was there only because I wanted to try the program out as far as I could before I bought it.
i will probably rebuild everything again when I am ready to go for a finished product. I am trying to make this better than the others I made.
Thanks for all the help everyone.
KenSmile
moviemachine
moviemachine
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Ken,

You are well on the way,
and as your first effort I believe you will create a great final product.
As all new things we try... we develop our sea legs along the journey.

So keep experimenting with all your software as this really fast tracks the learning curve.
Also it's great that you are dabbling in shaping the video & sound at this early stage as video and audio are two separate beasts that require invested time & experimentation.
Skills will you will further develop as you go.
Also by delving into all disciplines as you go, helps keep you focused on the big picture you have in your mind regarding how your movie will be.

Nice choice of music too... very dramatic & biblical.
Looking forward to more clips!

Lost Filmmaker
Lost Filmmaker
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Apart from the issues with the audio, I din't like the long sections of black screen, the title being too big to fit on the screen or the scrolling credit.

A black screen is a waste of time, literally, nothing happens and the audience gets bored. It serves no purpose and takes away from the piece. If you're using it just to cover the narration, have it in text as well so that I have something to watch.
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Lost Filmmaker (1/26/2015)
Apart from the issues with the audio, I din't like the long sections of black screen, the title being too big to fit on the screen or the scrolling credit.

A black screen is a waste of time, literally, nothing happens and the audience gets bored. It serves no purpose and takes away from the piece. If you're using it just to cover the narration, have it in text as well so that I have something to watch.

Agreed on all points.

But he's nowhere near done.  I'm pretty sure Ken is mainly showing us that his new computer is running, and is announcing that he's gotten started on his project.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
"A black screen is a waste of time,"

Although, in general, I would agree with this statement I can say that it is not all inclusive. I've used a black screen a number of times in my videos, and although it must be used sparingly it can carry the action forward either to a new location or as a curtain fall on a completed scene. I would put forward my "Desperate Measures Part 3" machinima where I used it to increase the impact of a battle scene and as a closing to the completed action story(in conjunction with a single drum beat) just before the epilogue. This is of course only my opinion, but I see the black screen as another 'spice' to be carefully added to my video meat loaf. w00t

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Reading This Topic