Transparent Background on video

Posted By mark.baldwin 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
QuestionMark
mark.baldwin
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hello

I was wondering if there is a way of making my animation have a clear background through the use of a codec or other tool. I currently do not have any software like after effects to do the green screen trick. The reason for this is i would like to add the character to an animated background.

Thank you in advanced

Mark
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
mark.baldwin (1/19/2015)
Hello

I was wondering if there is a way of making my animation have a clear background through the use of a codec or other tool.

I export to PNG Sequence. This use to be* the only way to export from CrazyTalk and preserve the alpha channel.

*I see there are now new video export formats (I have not tried) so I don't know if PNG Sequence is still the only way to do it....
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
mark.baldwin (1/19/2015)
Hello

I was wondering if there is a way of making my animation have a clear background through the use of a codec or other tool. I currently do not have any software like after effects to do the green screen trick. The reason for this is i would like to add the character to an animated background.

Thank you in advanced

Mark

If you are using a Mac you can use the Apple ProRes 4444 codec when exporting. This will also give you a transparent background.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mark.baldwin
mark.baldwin
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)Senior Member (434 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Unfortunately I have windows. I guess there is no windows equivalent then. With the png idea, what software could I use to make sure that the background stays out once converted back to video (free software pref)?
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
mark.baldwin (1/23/2015)
Unfortunately I have windows. I guess there is no windows equivalent then. With the png idea, what software could I use to make sure that the background stays out once converted back to video (free software pref)?

I use QuicktimePro and re-render it as Animation Codec ("Millions+" color setting), but I am on a Mac and it is not free.... Very handy software though for video conversions (and better quality than most).

You might also just try importing the PNG seq into your video software. It's a common format in 3D and graphics.... It's lossless and fairly economical size-wise. Not NLE-friendly though so your program may need to pre-render before it can play smoothly....
Edited
9 Years Ago by Holly Wetcircuit
jovan_20141203162450935
jovan_20141203162450935
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (1/22/2015)

If you are using a Mac you can use the Apple ProRes 4444 codec when exporting. This will also give you a transparent background.

Hi, I have tried to render video in codec 4444 but all that I get is green screen. All object have positive Z coordinates. When I switch to e.g. ProRes 422 video is good. Any idea_
jovan_20141203162450935
jovan_20141203162450935
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
It looks like VLC player cannot read 4444 codec... with quicktime player it is ok (black/transaprent background with all object visible) Tongue

Reading This Topic