Profile Picture

Now that i can afford it, I am afraid to buy it.

Posted By KenCoon 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
We found some extra money that I could use for a new computer and replace it over time but I am now afraid to get my new computer.
It is
Intel Core i3 processor
H61M Mother board
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
500GB sATA hard Drive
18.5" LED Monitor
AVR
Speakers/Headset
Keyboard and Mouse

I will update it to 8GB RAM
add Nvidia GTX750 video card.
This should be good enough to run iClone6 but I am not sure as there seem to be some with problems running it.
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Then wait, save up some more money to go next level with computer. Computers are getting cheaper for 1, and windows 10 is right around the corner just waiting to add more stress to computers with direct x 12 - if you wait a little while longer, you can buy a stronger computer that will last longer.

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I probably should wait but knowing me, I will find some way to do this and then later wonder why I didn't follow my own advice. I am the best at giving myself advice and the worst at following the advice I give myself. ( Did that make sense??)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

then do what I did, research it so much that you are so sure of your purchase you won't have any doubts at all. Check every nook and cranny for deals and details! - look in the refurbished section....I've found a lot of real savers in the refurbished department. In fact, I'm keeping an eye out for a refurbished 980 ...the logic is ...the company doesn't want it to fail twice - so refurbs are better tested than originals lol It's a little over a year with my computer and I'm still as in love with her as when I first obsessed over her every part! ♥ She's due for some new updates, maybe for valentines day! lol

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The biggest reason I am buying a new one is because the All in one I am using now cannot be upgraded for anything.
At least with a new PC I will be able to upgrade when necessary.
I guess I will have to talk to the guy at the computer shop again before I buy anything.
I really need to get my health back before I start running around to the computer shops again.
KenSmile
(I have a lingering cold that has been with me for a long time.)
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

well there you go, that's one reason to not be scared ...

the motherboard looks good ....although what I couldn't see is if your cpu socket type is the same as the 4790k series - I think it is ....other than that it looks like sky is the limit with upgrades. The motherboard and power supply imo , are among the most important parts, because that's the ground you are building on. Your cpu and video card are no doubt important, but if your motherboard can't transfer the information fast enough, what's the sense ?

Edited
9 Years Ago by planetstardragon
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You lost me on the cpu socket type. I have been away from electronics for very long and things have changed faster than I have learned.
If the guy at the store says it is good, I will probably get it. I will need to talk to him again. He didn't have any video cards the last time. Said they were too expensive then.
I have found the card at another store and may need to buy it there and have him install it.
Guess I will have to wait and see how things turn out.Smile
Called the shop and the guy that answered didn't speak too good english. Finally told me they were out of stock.
Guess i will have to go to Villman computers and get their HP Pavilion. It is number 53 on their site if you go there to check it out. Seems to have everything needed. The Video is Intel HD Graphics 4000 or 4600. That is above what is on the paper they put out.
Really getting confusing now.
KenSmile
Edited
9 Years Ago by KenCoon
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
IMO, you need an i7 CPU, Ken. An i3 isn't going to cut the mustard for iC6, as previously Posted. And - I don't think it has Hyperthreading.

Can't remember if i7 CPU shares same CPU Socket as iC3, without checking. If it doesn't, you'll need a new Motherboard.

You really need an i7 CPU, to Run iC5.5 efficiently, anyway.

Good luck Smile

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Wonder why reallusion didn't change that on their recommended list.
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
kencoon7 (1/4/2015)
Wonder why reallusion didn't change that on their recommended list.

Recommended for iC5, Ken?

My recommendation is based on My & others iC5 experiences in general Video Editing, per se..

IMO, Reallusion's Recommended iC5 PC Hardware Specs are, in practise, far too low.

Video Editing per se, Product Developers always under-spec their Recommended PC Hardware Specs, to capture a larger Market. They've been doing it ever-since I've been a Video Editor (12 years).

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Edited
9 Years Ago by colour

Reading This Topic