Profile Picture

CrazyTalk Pro 6 jerky, slow, skips, CPU 89%

Posted By email_20090922172440595 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
email_20090922172440595
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)Senior Member (293 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 Years Ago
I also have CrazyTalk Pro 5 and it's still working just fine.  However, purchased CrazyTalk Pro 6 and can't even enjoy the sample templates that come with the program because they skip, voice is out of sync to mouth.  As soon as I start the Pro 6 program the CPU usage for CTIEMain.exe shoots up to 89% (or higher) and stays there while program is idle which bogs down my entire PC.

I have XP SP3 (Home Edition), AMD Athlon Processor 3000+ MMX 3DNow 2.2Ghz (2.16Ghz), 960MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, 116 GB free space on Hard Drive.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, system restore/reinstalled Pro 6.  I have also lowered the hardware accelerator.

CPU stays almost maxed out.

Anyone else have this same problem?  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 41 minutes ago
I'm afraid this problem is likely down to your processor which is quite old by todays standards. The Athlon series of processors date back about 7 years or so which is why your CPU usage is so high with this version of Crazytalk. There isn't that much that can be done but I would suggest you make sure you don't have anything else running while using CT6. This may help improve performance a little.

You can contact technical support for further advise on this issue. They may be able to offer some further help. Please use the form below to contact them.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Mick
Mick
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 14 Years Ago
email (6/20/2009)
I also have CrazyTalk Pro 5 and it's still working just fine.  However, purchased CrazyTalk Pro 6 and can't even enjoy the sample templates that come with the program because they skip, voice is out of sync to mouth.  As soon as I start the Pro 6 program the CPU usage for CTIEMain.exe shoots up to 89% (or higher) and stays there while program is idle which bogs down my entire PC.

I have XP SP3 (Home Edition), AMD Athlon Processor 3000+ MMX 3DNow 2.2Ghz (2.16Ghz), 960MB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, 116 GB free space on Hard Drive.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled, system restore/reinstalled Pro 6.  I have also lowered the hardware accelerator.

CPU stays almost maxed out.

Anyone else have this same problem?  Any suggestions?  Thank you.

Dear customer,

The hardware devices should be more powerful for running CrazyTalk6 especially graphics card and processor. We recommend that the processor is Dual core CPU or higher. If the graphics card only has 64 MB of video RAM, the performance is probably weak. A graphics card with higher video memory can draw faster and draw higher quality images.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Mick
Technical Support
Reallusion Inc.
www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic