Profile Picture

Qualified for Iclone6 but lack the hardware to use it.

Posted By Grimhilda 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Hi to Everyone - although I'm really addressing those who qualified for Iclone6 but can't use it yet.

How do you plan to store your version?

I've downloaded the .exe file and the bonus clothing material and will keep them on a couple of drives along with the serial number.

In my case, I don't think I'll be able to upgrade my hardware for a good while to come. In that time there will probably be patches issued but I'm sure they will keep on Reallusion's servers.

I suppose I'm just wondering whether anyone in the same situation has any worries about losing out by not installing the software straight away? I'm not at all worried because, from experience, Reallusion's customer care is superb. I just wonder if there may be something I hadn't considered in the circumstances?

In any case, I qualified for Iclone6 by buying content - so I've more than enough new material to get the best I can out of Iclone5 for the foreseeable future.

PS - with the very greatest respect, I trust and request that this post won't give rise to any arguments. I look positively on Iclone6 and wish Reallusion success with it. I also respect anyone who is content with earlier versions - after all they are still capable of the excellent results we've become used to.

Edit: Regarding the PS above - of course I can't censor anyone's comments but I'm only hoping for practical advice that might help others.
Edited
10 Years Ago by Grimhilda
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
They mentioned that they are considering a 32 bit version, it seems that we may be at a fork on the road, as our wonderful and super talented community is quite diverse, from hobbyist to professional - Reallusion is aware of that and I believe they aim to support both BigGrin

Also, its really the video card that got hit with the highest spec change, the cpu usage isn't much higher, so for most systems, just getting a nice video card will get you on track - if you were running 5 fine... - I've been pricing them myself, and saw some for 150 that are better than my current minimum requirements, i'm going to hold out for now though, my gtx460 is holding up fairly well thus far, but I won't be able to film the chess set scene that has all the chess game parts as avatars till I get a better card lol.

If i were you, I'd install it once, just to register the serial number to your account, the number isn't really isn't effective till it gets registered the first time. Like incase you lose it, you can't request an email reminder of it because it was never registered.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Grimhilda (12/30/2014)
Hi to Everyone - although I'm really addressing those who qualified for Iclone6 but can't use it yet.

How do you plan to store your version?

I've downloaded the .exe file and the bonus clothing material and will keep them on a couple of drives along with the serial number.

In my case, I don't think I'll be able to upgrade my hardware for a good while to come. In that time there will probably be patches issued but I'm sure they will keep on Reallusion's servers.

I suppose I'm just wondering whether anyone in the same situation has any worries about losing out by not installing the software straight away? I'm not at all worried because, from experience, Reallusion's customer care is superb. I just wonder if there may be something I hadn't considered in the circumstances?

In any case, I qualified for Iclone6 by buying content - so I've more than enough new material to get the best I can out of Iclone5 for the foreseeable future.

PS - with the very greatest respect, I trust and request that this post won't give rise to any arguments. I look positively on Iclone6 and wish Reallusion success with it. I also respect anyone who is content with earlier versions - after all they are still capable of the excellent work we've become used to.

I don't see a need to download it right away. If you leave it on the servers you can download it when your upgrade is complete. It isn't going anywhere. Just flag your email with the serial number so you can find it when needed. Your Account holds all of the information too.

If you already have the content, then use it until you upgrade. There is not a lot of content that is specifically designed only for iClone6 at the moment anyway.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

@Cricky, i'm not sure - I think the serial number is an open number that's assigned to your account after the first registration/ before that...your account doesn't know that you bought iclone on it's own. That's unless the pre-sale took a different approach.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Thanks, Planetstardragon for the info. I'm astonished at the speed reply especially here in the legacy world!

I edited my above post at the end in case it looked 'controlling'SmileSmile

Your advice to install isn't what I'd have expected to do. I guess the .exe will install and I'll need to be online and it will ask me to input the serial number. THEN it will fail to run? Hmm - I guess there's nothing to lose by trying - but I'll wait until tomorrow as I've other things to get done first.

Many thanks again.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

i guess you could just check the account, and see if you can manually register it also - if it isn't already registered.

I'm just considering the chance of an email with the serial getting lost, when you can just take steps now to keep it safe in your account for when you are ready. It may not even need an install.

Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Cricky, thanks for your reply.

Actually, from memory, the email from Reallusion confirming that I qualified included a link to the upgrade downloadHehe

I'm sure it mentioned a cut-off date (around the end of January) to use it. That's why I downloaded the .exe and began this thread.

Strangely, I was given a serial numberw00t for the Indigo plugin and also for the Renderer as well as download links - but only the plugin appears on my account pagew00t

I raised a query with Reallusion to confirm that there is perhaps something amiss because I didn't buy sufficient content to qualify for the Renderer.
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks again, Planet.

Now the BEST answer would be to get another computer by fair means or foul!BigGrinBigGrin
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I went to my account to see if the serial number was there.
I had downloaded iClone6 and the Indigo before I saw this and then after I found it would not work I took it completely off my computer.
The serial numbers were not there.
The thing that bothers me more than that is the serial numbers for iClone 5.51 were also not there. They all have a message that the numbers were sent to an email.
I thought they kept the serial numbers after they were registered.
The numbers were there before iClone6 came out.
KenSmile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

KenCoon (12/31/2014)
I went to my account to see if the serial number was there.
I had downloaded iClone6 and the Indigo before I saw this and then after I found it would not work I took it completely off my computer.
The serial numbers were not there.
The thing that bothers me more than that is the serial numbers for iClone 5.51 were also not there. They all have a message that the numbers were sent to an email.
I thought they kept the serial numbers after they were registered.
The numbers were there before iClone6 came out.
KenSmile

When you go to your "My Account" do you see a License History button?  That should have all your serial numbers.

ADDED...

There are some special instructions for iC6 "Pre-Order" and maybe for "Qualified Purchases" people.  https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic210677-385-1.aspx

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic