Bringing Purchased Content into CT6

Posted By motherreiver 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
motherreiver
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I just purchased CrazyTalk 6 and I am excited about the possibilites.  I got on board with CrazyTalk from version 4.0.  After a computer crash, when reinstalling my then Reallusion products, I reinstalled CrazyTalk 5 and not Crazytalk 4 (for space savings - which is still an issue).  So, now that I would like to use some of the purchased content from Crazy Talk 4 (Americana, Female Image Pack, Inanimate Objects; & Paintings & Artwork) I cannot, because the installer tells me to go buy CrazyTalk 4!  I care not to reinstall Crazyrtalk 4, I would simply like to run the purchased old content packs and import them into CrazyTalk 6 (or even 5!).  How can I do this?  I have all proof of purchase and serial numbers to go, but the installer prohibits me from installing. All my CrazyTalk 5 stuff came in fine - I would like CrazyTalk 6 to have my best and brightest purchases and content.    How can I get this in? 
power
power
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi had the same issue with Hand Gestures. Fortunetely I have a backup of the directory and when I found the correct location it worked. But this is not your case nor the situation many will face with 'old' CT 4 content and computer crashes or upgrades.

IMO, RL must upgrade-refresh those packs so installing with CT 6 is possible. It should not be that difficult. Then users will be able to download updates from member accounts.

Regards!

Cool
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
motherreiver (6/13/2009)
I just purchased CrazyTalk 6 and I am excited about the possibilites.  I got on board with CrazyTalk from version 4.0.  After a computer crash, when reinstalling my then Reallusion products, I reinstalled CrazyTalk 5 and not Crazytalk 4 (for space savings - which is still an issue).  So, now that I would like to use some of the purchased content from Crazy Talk 4 (Americana, Female Image Pack, Inanimate Objects; & Paintings & Artwork) I cannot, because the installer tells me to go buy CrazyTalk 4!  I care not to reinstall Crazyrtalk 4, I would simply like to run the purchased old content packs and import them into CrazyTalk 6 (or even 5!).  How can I do this?  I have all proof of purchase and serial numbers to go, but the installer prohibits me from installing. All my CrazyTalk 5 stuff came in fine - I would like CrazyTalk 6 to have my best and brightest purchases and content.    How can I get this in? 

Have you tried logging into your account and downloading the packs again? Many of the installers will have been updated for Crazytalk 5 and soon to be Crazytalk 6. If you continue to have problems, please contact support who will be able to help you.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

For Crazytalk 5 content that you already have installed, you can use the Crazytalk Content Wizard to copy your content over to CT6. You can download it from the link below.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/crazytalk_tool.asp.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

motherreiver
motherreiver
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

The content wizard was no problem - especially since my CrazyTalk 5Pro is still on my computer Smile  I'll give a shot at re-downloading the CrazyTalk4 media I purchased and see if that doesn't do the trick - I'll report back here and thanks for the tip!
motherreiver
motherreiver
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

All is resolved now Smile  After re-downloading the installers - only 2 of the 4 old image paks worked, the remaining 2 did not.  After contacting support, they provided me with updated installers for those two paks and they all work great now!  BigGrin
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 15 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Great to hear you have everything working now. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic