Posted By Visconti 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

The Future is Here - Preparing your Computer for iClone 6

Author
Visconti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
The Future is Here - Preparing your Computer for iClone 6

Since its launch, iClone 5 has been widely accepted by the market for years, one reason is that we were using the legacy and yet most matured DirectX 9 (DX-9) engine, which adapted to almost all basic GPU environments, but the lack of advanced visuals was always an issue for most high-end users.

iClone 6 is designed with DirectX 11(DX-11) architecture in mind, and thus requires an up-to-date 3D gaming computer in order to make your animations fly. For this, iClone 6 highly utilizes GPU power for visual computation while requiring large video memory to hold all textures for sophisticated visual quality, in real-time.

Obviously for this you would need a compatible machine that is capable of handling DX-11 rendering. For most computers with standalone GPUs released in the past two years, this should work. Now, we understand that many users might need to update their systems in order to keep up with times, so it might be a good chance for users to upgrade their systems to industry standard working environments.

Making iClone 6 into a cool and powerful product is no easy task as we look to help incoming users with friendly, easy to operate mechanics while at the same time enabling more advanced users with the tools they need to create outstanding projects worthy of any pro studio. As you can imagine, we also need to take into consideration the huge variety of PC specs, GPU chips and drivers that will enable everyone to take advantage of this wonderful tool.

Because of this Reallusion is planning to allow iClone 6 to run on DX-9 in 2015 Feb so that more users can still play with this new tool and most iClone 5 level content, of course this would entail limitations of certain DX-11 related features like Displacement, Real-time Smoothing, SpeedTree, limited number of lighting, and partial Indigo support. Please check out the differences in the page below.
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_matrix_versions.aspx

System Requirements

iClone should run on all standalone GPU chips after 2012-2013, allowing it to run smoothly without any hassles. Please first check that your computer meets the minimum specifications shown on the page below. http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_requirements.aspx

For your convenience we also have provided a list of suggested 3D graphics cards that should make your iClone 6 + Indigo rendering work without any major issues. NVIDIA and AMD series should prove useful. iClone 6 can work smoothly with almost all newer NVIDIA chips, however we found different behaviors from AMD series (eg. 5000, 6000, etc) that may cause some new drivers to not work properly. We are working on this.

O  means okay (supported) or good
△ means partially okay, but not fully recommended
X  means not working 

HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT GRAPHICS CARD FOR ICLONE6

This updated GPU performance chart below gives you an idea on how good your iClone 6 performance can be. Please compare it with your current graphics devices. The level of graphics chip which is higher than NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon R9 270 provides very good performance, ideal for designers or production studio seeking excellent iClone 6 working performance. In regards to our testing experiences, a graphics card at the level of NVIDIA GeForce GTX-660 2GB VRAM or above, priced around $139, can smoothly render all iClone 6 demo projects with more than 60 fps.

Graphics chips higher than NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD 5970 gives normal usability, usually higher than 30 fps for most projects, while keeping good budget for personal or hobbyist's creation and design.

For an easier reference, please check with these Videocard Benchmarks - Updated 23rd of December 2014
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

If you have an extra budget, may we also recommend a three screen configuration in order to fully optimize your iClone 6 experience to that of a full studio.

To make things easier we have successfully in-house tested lots of computer configurations that should enable your iClone 6 to run like a charm! Besides, dual-screen, triple-screens with multiple displays provide great environments when switching between screens and work panels.

eg. NVIDIA GTX-780TI Panorama 5760 x 1080 using iClone 6

If you have already confirmed that your system meets the requirements, then please visit this page to get more instructions on how to make your iClone 6 run smoothly.
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic212528-386-1.aspx

Best Regards
Reallusion, Inc.

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi Visconti
"△ means okay, but not fully recommended"

so, what´s the meaning of "X" and "0", please?

I have a GTX 770 GPU; that should be OK, right?

BR,
Gerhard
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
SchachMatt (12/24/2014)
Hi Visconti
"△ means okay, but not fully recommended"

so, what´s the meaning of "X" and "0", please?

I have a GTX 770 GPU; that should be OK, right?

BR,
Gerhard

Gerhard,

X means Does Not Support Sad
O means It Does Support Smile

Your GTX 770 will be fine although there are more powerful choices. BigGrin

TS
SchachMatt
SchachMatt
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hi theschemer,

thanks for your help.

My understanding would have been: "O" = "0" = zero = not supported;
and "x" = yes, supported.

Now I feel better.

Enjoy Christmas,

Gerhard

Edited
10 Years Ago by SchachMatt
theschemer
theschemer
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Gerhard,
Glad to help. I guess a simple "yes" or "no" would have worked too. Wink
Happy Holidays,
TS
MrStockboto
QuestionMark
MrStockboto
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just so I'm clear, because I really, really wanted iClone 6 for Christmas...

The Windows 8.1, ASUS Laptop I've been using for iClone 5 has a GeoForce 670MX video card with 8 Gig Ram. IF I'm looking at the chart of cards that can run iClone 6, then my card is in the Not Okay section, meaning there's no point upgrading to iClone 6 because it won't work with my video card.

Before anyone starts, this is just a hobby for me so please don't disparage my hardware and/or tell me to buy a new computer. I just want a sanity check that iClone 6 will not run on my current system?

Thanks

UPDATED Dec 26, 2014:
I am very glad I purchased iClone 6. Still using the same machine I run iClone 5 on, iClone 6 works like a champ. It is slower on rendering final output if I pump all the settings up to highest quality, but using apples to apples settings iClone 6 is actually faster. As I'm working with projects iClone 6 runs as quickly if not faster then iClone 5.

Support your fellow enthusiasts by visiting:

Edited
10 Years Ago by Texoma
Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Will there be SLI support for Dedicated PhysX or will my SLI configuration autodetect iC6 PhysX?Unsure

Great idea on the iC6 DX9c support for hobbyist, wonder how RL came up with that one?WinkHehew00tw00tw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Texoma (12/24/2014)

The Windows 8.1, ASUS Laptop I've been using for iClone 5 has a GeoForce 670MX video card with 8 Gig Ram. IF I'm looking at the chart of cards that can run iClone 6, then my card is in the Not Okay section, meaning there's no point upgrading to iClone 6 because it won't work with my video card.

Before anyone starts, this is just a hobby for me so please don't disparage my hardware and/or tell me to buy a new computer. I just want a sanity check that iClone 6 will not run on my current system?

Thanks

That's a pretty good notebook, and is worth testing yourself. Try it with the trial version. It's only a couple years old, and that second digit being a 7 indicates a good amount of oomph for a notebook GPU.

You should absolutely try it! Smile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Texoma (12/24/2014)

Thanks

The "600" series is in the "Okay" category.  ("X" = crossed out = bad).   But mobile cards are always less capable that their desktop cousins, so caution is warranted.

So... I suggest downloading the TRIAL VERSION and see how it goes.  That way you will know FOR SURE how it behaves on YOUR computer.

Feedback here would be appreciated.

P.S.

If you do the trial, and decide to buy it, you'll have to uninstall the trail and install the purchased version.  You can't simply enter a key to unlock the trial.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
To avoid disappointment it should really be pointed out that besides a card in the 600 series or better, the second digit of the model number should also be taken into account.

Anyone in doubt should therefore look at the benchmark specification for their card. I think this should also be communicated to those that are interested in iClone 6, but may no visit this forum.

At least I now have an excuse to upgrade my card. Unfortunately, I don't have room for extra monitors...Crying

BTW, a tip from another thread: make sure that your power supply is of good quality as a card at full throttle will need extra power. In addition, make sure the cooling of your case is up to snuff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
10 Years Ago by animagic

Reading This Topic