I give up

Posted By KenCoon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
At least for now.
I need to leave until I can find a computer that works with iClone6. I just get depressed when I read about the things I cannot do even though I have the program.
i will be back after I get the money together and get a new one. I have figured out what it will cost me and I will have to wait and see what happens. I will need to go to two different stores unless the first one can get me the pieces I need and he doesn't have right now.
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
what are your computer specs now, maybe you just need a video card.

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I have a Acer All in one and those cannot be upgraded.
I will need to get about $600 US together and that will get me an Intel i3 processor, H61M Motherboard, 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM, 500 GB sATA Hard Drive, 18.5" LED MOnitor, AVR, Speakers/Headset, Keyboard & MOuse.
I plan to add 8 GB of RAM and a NVidia GT630 Video Card to it to make it work.
That should be around 4 January.
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

have you ever heard of a barebones pc ? it's a pc building kit that packages basic essentials on a desktop - this approach would allow you to transfer certain parts - ie a hard drive and anything else you may have on a spare computer

this can allow you to build a stronger computer at a lower cost, slower pace - when you buy computers fully made ...you are at the mercy of whatever the merchant mixed matched and charges you for ...but with a barebones pack ...you focus your spending on critical parts that directly increase your processing power.

Something you may want to see if available in your area. Requires assembly, but not as much as from scratch. - you end up getting more computer than fluff for your money.

something like this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=barebones+pc&N=-1&isNodeId=1 - I know this is not available to you, since they are US only....but will give you an idea of what I mean, and can compare prices, they are usually the best place for lowest prices in the US.

Edited
10 Years Ago by planetstardragon
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I'm afraid that video card is not going to have enough oomph, or video memory. You need one that starts with GTX, not just GT. The GTX ones are the gaming cards.

Hopefully the new year will bring you new oppertunities. Smile

In the mean time, it's still perfectly reasonable to use iClone 5. The animation tools are still the same. Your projects will be able to move forward to 6, as well.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The one my son has was put together like that. I told them what I wanted in it and they put it together for me. Cost about the same as this one and that was several years ago.
I won't have the money for it for awhile anyway.
KenSmile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

well part of that charge was labor for them putting it together. I wouldn't have been able to get my computer if I had paid someone else to put it together because it's so customized.

colour
colour
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
"Intel i3 processor"

Not too sure that's going to cut the mustard either, for iC6 or even iC5, which you have, Ken Ermm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I don't know why I keep checking back. (Addicted?)
You have to remember that the things you are getting in the States do not have to be shipped half way around the world ( not free) and then must clear customs which usually doubles the price. What would cost you $200 in the States will cost me more than $400 by the time they get all the other fees.
You use 110 volts and we have 220 volts.
The things i am looking at here are what i can afford. If i want to go the recommended and not the minimum It will be over $1000 even if i build it myself. I don't have that kind of money and won't for some time to come.
I did manage to find a Inni3D GTX650Green card for a little more money. That would be almost half the cost of the PCU.
This is all just a speculation for now as it is the 22nd and the bank here has not cleared the check I gave them on the 4th of December. It cleared the Credit Union on the 8th but they don't care about that. I have only given them 120 checks in the past 10 years and they have all been good.
Oh well, Merry Christmas Everyone.
KenSmile
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Ken:

There is still plenty for you to learn in iclone5. If you can't think of a story then produce some 'stills'. They're fun, a lot less work than animating, and you can up the detail (poly count) as your not doing any animating. Wink

I produce alot of them, a few I post here on the forum in a thread I call "My latest sketch using iclone". It's in the showcase. You might even get some story ideas from your sketches. Just don't stop creating because" time waits for no man". I'm going ahead and working on my next vid in iclone5 as I want to give IC6 time to debug and I can learn more about it as more people use it. I'm not a software fanatic so I don't have to be the first kid on my block to have one. Tongue

Just an idea.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee

Reading This Topic