iClone Indigo Render Showcase

Posted By Bruce (RL) 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Luna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi prabhat!

Yes, this could be fun. I think, with much work, with much precison, one could make very different shots, both in real world and in Indigo. With a clear, bright drop and with a dark drop as a result. I meant, a drop is often dark in reality and takes up the colour and the dark shadows of the environement. And the drop makes a shadow itself even though a drop is clear. See the pictures on Google:

https://www.google.ch/search?q=waterdrop&biw=1536&bih=752&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OwG4VMDsKIywPMXlgKAK&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

There are some examples with dark drops. And there are also a lot with post work of course; some are retouched (in Photoshop) to be so clear. (And some are painted on the photo!) Bevore I made the animation, I looked at many pictures and videos. And and when I saw, that my drop changes and becomes dark sometimes, then I went to the bathroom and made some interesting experiences. Smile

Supplement: Here are two Indigo pictures, I made them bevore I did the scene for this animation. At this time I experienced with material. The drops here are more icy, but I like them:

Luna

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
@Luna

If you put a water drip on the back side of your palm and watch carefully, 97% of the water sphere will show your skin and then a small portion will reflect the highlight with just a bit of environmental map.

Going by that, the drop in your animation should have a feel of green from the leaf, not dark blue at the base of the water particle.

The frozen drops look quite interesting.

Prabhat
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
Luna
Luna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

@ Prabhat: I will make more observations in nature and I will always think of you in this moments. Smile

prabhatM (1/15/2015)
Going by that, the drop in your animation should have a feel of green from the leaf, not dark blue at the base of the water particle.

I took a screenshot of my video and looked in Photoshop, I took the colour picker and it spoke to me and it said "green", here enlarged:

I think, with the standard tone map setting of iClone instead of my dramatic Ektachrome tone mapping it wouldn't have so dark shadows. And furthermore I think the human perception is not mathematically, often we think it's blue, but it's not blue, because our brain can think and can be irritated. Something like that.

Greetings

Luna

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

And furthermore I think the human perception is not mathematically, often we think it's blue, but it's not blue, because our brain can think and can be irritated. Something like that.

Ahh ! I forgot, I was always a Colour blind. Also the gamma setting on my Monitor has been neglected for a long time.Tongue
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
Luna
Luna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

With a bit plying around I managed to make a clear and bright water drop in Indigo. It's almost the same scene, especially the same light (only the two Default iClone lights) and also the same tone mapping in Indigo. But for the drop I set the following settings: no Indigo material, in iClone no maps so as diffuse, bump and so on, refraction 100, reflection 4, opacity 27.

Luna

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@Luna

Looks better. Though I would prefer to see the "New & Improved " Animated Sequence.

Prabhat
majorlance
majorlance
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Just installed IC6 and Indigo so it's my first night. I'll make this long story short. After years of just thinking about it I have finished writing my first novel, and I'm currently in the revision/rewrite stage before the query process. Cross your fingers, luck is huge in this. Anyway, I was toying around with my own quirky ideas for promo images if that were ever in my hands. IC6 and Indigo gave me a neat render after a few tries. Yes, it's genre fiction. Spy/thriller/horror twist.

Edited
9 Years Ago by majorlance
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Ooo can't wait to see that Major!!!!Smile

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Major,

Wow, that's great.  It really sets a mood.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

majorlance
majorlance
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Thanks Mark and justaviking. I was looking for something "dark" to visualize my inner-Ian Fleming-wannabe-obsession.

Reading This Topic