iClone 6 New Tutorials

Posted By Visconti 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Visconti
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (46.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
iClone 6 Training Resources
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/iclone_training.aspx

For the new features in iClone 6, Reallusion plans to release the following tutorials for you to quickly fit in the new tool in the first two weeks. Please leave your requests about the topics you want to learn about iClone 6 here so we can prioritize our production resources for you afterwards.  

Substance
Custom Textures with Substance
Applying Substance Library Materials

Tessellation
Tessellation - Displacement Map
Displacement Map v.s. Normal Map

Physics
Physics Rigid Body Basics
Physics Constraints - Basic
Physics Constraints - Bulding a Basic Machine
Softcloth for Character Clothing
Softcloth Behavior Using Weight Maps
Applying Wind to Softcloth

SpeedTree
SpeedTree Basics

Indigo Render
Intro to iClone's Indigo Plugin
iClone Lighting in Indigo
Types of Lighting in Indigo
Rendering Frames vs Sequences
iClone vs. Indigo Materials
Indigo Lighting Behavior
Subdivision
White Point
Camera Control
GPU Acceleration

Visconti
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

Neuling
Neuling
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
As the Indigo Renderer is a complete new world I wish that these tutorials will be set to prior. And after that all the other tutorials we need to become an iClone-Master Cool

6Core AMD Phenom 2 X6, 8 GB Ram, ATI Radeon HD7870, Win8 64 Bit, iClone 6 + Indigo, iClone5.5, CrazyTalk Animator 2, Crazy Talk 7
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello Visconti,

does this version already include the APIs (they were mentioned by RL several times) ?
It would be useful to have some tutorial about how to develop some add-on using the API interface.
I guess the development language is LUA, correct ?

Regards

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.7K reputation)

Last Active: 11 minutes ago
As the Indigo Renderer is a complete new world I wish that these tutorials will be set to prior

Really don't agree with this request , The focus must be on Iclone 6 first.
animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
mtakerkart (12/20/2014)
As the Indigo Renderer is a complete new world I wish that these tutorials will be set to prior

Really don't agree with this request , The focus must be on Iclone 6 first.

I agree. There are a lot of new features in iClone 6 that will require tutorials.

One of my requests would be about the use of weight maps for soft cloth. It's a great feature and you can use it revive old content, but it requires a lot of experimentation.

Another is about displacement and tessellation and how to create your own maps, especially vector-based maps.

And, when making tutorials, don't rush through through the process, skipping steps...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Neuling (12/19/2014)
As the Indigo Renderer is a complete new world I wish that these tutorials will be set to prior. And after that all the other tutorials we need to become an iClone-Master Cool

You can find all the tutorials needed to use Indigo here. Cool Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
sw00000p (12/20/2014)
animagic (12/20/2014)
And, when making tutorials, don't rush through through the process, skipping steps...Unsure

Those are the steps "You're suppose to know!"  ...same as with the RL Un-unwraping tuts!
...same day, different... Doze

No, Mister Wise Guy, the UI has been completely redesigned, so the navigation is different in many cases... I'm also speaking for the benefit of new users. I know how to navigate the new GUI.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Hello,

I have to admit to being totally bewildered, I don't know where to start. Have I lost all my previous animations from Iclone 5? I confess to feeling like the rawest newbie to animation, do I just start everything again in Iclone 6? I'm going to search tutorials, but I need really basic ones...

Best regards.
Ken

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!
wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
kenmatthews (12/21/2014)
Hello,

I have to admit to being totally bewildered, I don't know where to start. Have I lost all my previous animations from Iclone 5? I confess to feeling like the rawest newbie to animation, do I just start everything again in Iclone 6? I'm going to search tutorials, but I need really basic ones...

Best regards.
Ken

Ken,

Just about anything that you have used and created in iClone 5 can be used in iClone 6. If you have purchased content packs from either the Content Store or Marketplace these can simply be reinstalled using the files that you downloaded. If you have a collection of custom assets that you have created in iClone 5 then these can be copied over to your iClone 6 Custom folders.

Whatever you do, do NOT delete either iClone 5 or the content folders when installing iClone 6. Both can be kept and used on the same PC.

If you need help, just ask. Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Hello Gerry,

Thanks for that, I realised that I still had Iclone 5 still and could use that anyway. However, I wish to become as competent with 6 as I am with 5, for that I need really basic tutorials...

Best regards.
Ken.

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!

Reading This Topic