Substance painter sale -$49

Posted By GSSEV3D 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
GSSEV3D
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Just got an email about Substance painter indie licience being $49  - just for today at their website or on steam - I have this already but if your looking for a great texturing app.

http://allegorithmic.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=c421de1e9758b835e97c1a8a9&id=3db28a1881&e=8ef7e25acf

Their is a combo indie pack sale on as well. Smile

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
If you do any "painting" on props, it's awesome!  Check out the tutorials.

I took a leap and got the "Indie Pack" a couple months ago.  I still don't know if I'll get around to using Subsance Designer or not, but I love Substance Painter.  I hope I'll have time to play with it more over the holidays.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I bought it but I am having problems downloading it. Keeps saying the installer file is corrupted.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I woke early this morning and finally downloaded Substance Painter.
Now it says my license is no good. I hae one where I ordered it and cannot find a way to add it into the program. I tried entering it when it asks for a license but then it looks for a file with that name.
This is beginning to become a nightmare. I am going to have to go to their forum I guess if i cannot find a support place on their website.
KenSmile
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I managed to get everything finished up and working. Now to learn how to use it. I found a tutorial but it is so quiet I cannot hear it.
So far i will be forced to use the 28 page user guide to figure it out.
KenSmile
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Glad you got it working, Ken.

I found I had to literally follow along with the video tutorial.  Not watch, then do.  By the time the tutorial was done I'd already forotten most of it.

I had to watch, pause, do, watch, pause, do, rewind, watch....  One step at a time.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Now that iClone6 is released I noticed they have something called Substance. Is this the same Substance Painter I just bought?
KenSmile
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
KenCoon (12/19/2014)
Now that iClone6 is released I noticed they have something called Substance. Is this the same Substance Painter I just bought?
KenSmile

Answer: No

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Medium answer...

Substance Designer allows you to CREATE the substances like what you see in the iC6 demo videos.

Substance Painter allows you to USE the substances on a 3D model.

iClone can also USE a substance, but only to a certain extent.

Longer answer...

You will have to use the "Unity 4" export option to make texture maps that iClone 6.0 (or earlier) can utilize.

SP is geared to Physically Based Rendering engines, which iClone and Unity 4 don't have, so you have to put out dumbed-down versions of the texture maps.

The good news is Peter (RL) has stated the a PBR shader (is) coming in a future 6.x update.  We don't know if it's 6.1 or 6.8, or if it will be a month or 10 months from now.  But at least it will be a 6.x update, meaning it will be a free update for current owners.

If you do anything cool or interesting (or so horrible it might amuse us) please post some pictures.

Have fun!

P.S.

I know you're looking for more ways to spend money, right?  Tongue  A digitizing tablet with a pressure-sensitive pen will be a great addition if you do a lot of artwork on the computer.

I have a Wacom Bamboo table (one of the smaller ones).  I haven't used it much, but it's really nice.  The harder you press, the darker and/or wider your paint lines are.  You really can't do that sort of artistic work with a mouse.

Something like this:

http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-tablets/intuos-pen-and-touch-small

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic