Profile Picture

What is the best way to make a custom avatar for iclone

Posted By crashyjunk 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I want to make a custom avatar for iclone like a bear with full skeleton for talkinIg and movement. But i cant find any answers i have tried clone bone but its not exactly what i want .
I don't have much money and need this to happen please help me and thank you so much
You will get credit in my youtube videos if you can help me make this happen thank you.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Using a real 3D application such as 3DS Max or Lightwave, importing it via 3DXchange then into iCLone. I'm quite sure there's a butt load of videos here in the forum.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Do you need a realistic bear? A teddy bear?

There are a few in the Marketplace. Reallusion sells a "fierce animal" pack with a bear that could be characterized in 3DXchange. The mouth only opens and closes though, no fancy expressions.
KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
If you are old enough you can get 3D Coat for $99 or the Student price is the same.
Daz is free.
You have to be able to make a bear though. That is where I fall short.
KenSmile
bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
My advice if your just starting out on this path is learn blender, it has all the tools lots of tutorials and is free.

You could jump around forever trying to find the right software but in all honesty just spend your time learning one.

But your not going to find a quick solution to this.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
crashyjunk
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)Senior Member (388 reputation)

Ok thanks guys I wish there was a better solution but you all have saved me days of heartache not knowing off to learn Smile
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
with a little patience, sculptris, and 3Dxchange 5 - you can do some pretty intense custom models with iclone characters ....i made godzilla that way out of the base characters.

I think the big question is what will you consider 'good enough' - that will determine how far you need to go for your character. it could be as simple as getting a pre-made character from the shop that's good enough, or needing to learn an industrial level animation software because you need the toes to move a certain way.

it sounds to me that you'd be happy with iclone, sculptris and 3dx5 though.

crashyjunk
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Ok thank you i saw your'e godzilla and liked that. Iv'e played with sculptris a little bit you said that you can object replace? I didn't know that. that would be the way to go.
Am i close to being on the right path You open an avatar in 3dx5 and replace the parts with models made in sculptris as long as they stay within the restraints of the original avatar. I'm not sure how to do an object replace but that would do the job i think. At least until i learn daz.
thank you for all your'e help I can't wait to try new stuff BigGrin

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
yes, thats pretty much the process.....once in 3DX5, you export the individual part - ie upper, lower, hands face ....and 'tweak' it - as you said within the limits - ( good enough limits to do significant changes ) - then re-import it ......then the level of texture work you modify on it, is yet another level of detail...so a lot can be done in iclone without having to go anywhere else.

Daz is cool too...but it has it's own flavor / style - like every other software really - the more brushes you have in your art tools collection, the more freedom you have to express your ideas to how you envision them. - don't get caught up into becoming a brush collector over an artist though - the most important thing is expressing your ideas. Master that first so your own vision is stronger than any tool you can own. Be that person that does such amazing work on an etch-a-sketch that everyone wants one! BigGrin

crashyjunk
crashyjunk
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi i see you can replace the mesh but it has to be the same amount of Vertices I don't know how to do that. maybe there's a vertices converter out there ?

Reading This Topic