Profile Picture

how many of us have actually completed an iClone film ?

Posted By Darren01 10 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks!
Yep, I don't have the skills of swoope, never will I'm sure, but I'll keep pluggin' away, just glad someone gets a kick out of it TongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Thanks, sw00000p, for the compliment! Blush

I also hope we get a curve editor one day...Unsure

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

mike_20090922183240664
mike_20090922183240664
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)Senior Member (352 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
I've done plenty. http://www.michaelgingrich.com
Today I posted my New Freebie Page for iClone users. I'll have many to add now that I've got the page started. The page is http://www.michaelgingrich.com/JSC/demos/Downloads/earthworm.aspx
4413Media
4413Media
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I guess one and a half... or one and three quarters. I had a few shorts somewhere.

This was my first, it was made in iClone 4.

No Peace at All (Visual Fix) from Autumn Machinima on Vimeo.

And this was released recently.

There's another, but I am waiting for the music to be completed. Everything is shot and gone through the post-production treatment.

Set design is a major weakness... it takes me days to weeks to complete a set. I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to set design and one little thing- the entire things comes crashing down. Angles are a big thing, there's at least 4 reshoots to every shot in the final cut. It's a long process and getting the right effect is key.

iClone Certified Director and makes miserable Westerns.
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Thanks Darren for introducing such an interesting topic.

I'm not one to blow my own horn (God knows I would if I could Tongue ) but I'm going to use this thread to note that my 'Desperate Measures' machinima series has garnered over 10,000 views on TMUnderground. I would have been happy if the 50 or so guys I sailed with in Napoleon Total War had been the only audience so, even though it's not viral or anything, it's still mind blowing amazing to me. It got alot of exposure due to the fine follks at the Spotlight Radio Show. Odette, in particular, was very kind with her attention to the story. Thanks guys.

Anyway, I'm done now. Thanks for listening and to those who watched, I appreciate the time you spent with the story and thank you from my heart.

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
Edited
10 Years Ago by peterblood
mark
mark
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
That's awesome pete, quite and accomplishment !!! BigGrinBigGrinBigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (12/9/2014)
Just My Opinion:
To me, a CGI animated film, regardless of how good the story is...
• Requires "Standard Industy Animation Techniques!" (To even consider it being.. COMPLETE!)

Just My Opinion:
• Good Story
• Proper Animation (Arcs and Curves) Cool
• Flapping lips and moving limbs... just don't cut it. Pinch

Hats off to animagic for having the 'stones' to submit a clip to the "11 Second Club" contest.
NOW, that is impressive. w00t Cool

THEY are Pro's.

They show you just how worthless a good story is Without Good Animation Skillz.

• 11 seconds of "Proper animation" (Arcs and Curves) Cool

• ...to breathe life into "A GOOD STORY"

• HIT MOVIE (Material)

iClone Needs A Curve Editor! Rolleyes
To (aide) in this kind of animation! Wink

I have no interest in ever creating a "Completed Film." I find joy in creating shorts.

Kind Regards
sw00000p Cool

You have got the ICLONE users wrong.
They are mostly story tellers, not aspiring to be Professional animators. They are looking for creative expressions through ICLONE.
RL recognises that segment and created ICLONE for "REST OF US".

BTW just check the ARCHER series, what could be done with CHARACTERISATION and without ARCs.... It will fail every test of "11 Second.." but WINS AUDIENCE in just "11 Seconds".

Learn and understand why the RIGID TECHNOCRATS ALWAYS MISS THE BIGGER PICTURE: Just a sample...

Edited
10 Years Ago by prabhatM
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (12/9/2014)
mark (12/9/2014)
Thanks!
Yep, I don't have the skills of swoope, never will I'm sure, but I'll keep pluggin' away, just glad someone gets a kick out of it TongueTongueTongue

Sir, I WISH I had your patience. You achieve remarkable results with your current tools.
...man, a curve editor would polish your awesome vids. Smile

It's not patience, it's the cinematic eyes. You are mixing it up or NOT recognising.
Step Animations
Step Animations
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I have completed two movie productions in 2014 using iclone and combine other software too. I hope to release more movies in the future. Smile

The Odyssey

and a short fairytale movie The three little pigs

Fliphouse
Fliphouse
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)Veteran Member (933 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
An iclone film is very possible. The problem I see is that there is little to no collaboration between iclone users. Yes, we do have great tutorials and tips submitted by iclone users but making a film requires several people in my opinion. Some of us are great at lighting, some great at animation, some great at building sets, some great at editing. There is the rare individual who does it all. Maybe iclone can allow a collabo license of some sort so people can share models and project files.

PS.....If I see another dance videoAlien

Reading This Topic