Migrating to A new computer AND installing Iclone 6

Posted By lpatter 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lpatter
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
About a month ago I asked about migrating my Iclone5pro to a new computer.
https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic201050-281-1.aspx?Highlight=migrating
I learned the following:
1. BACKUP my "Template" and "Custom" directories and certain video files that are located elsewhere.
1. Uninstall from the old computer while on an active internet link with Reallusion before installing on the new otherwise I will run into a 5 installation limit which I could use up.
2. I can simply move the old files to the new computer
3. I can run the last upgrade/patch only. I do not need to run the initial install and all the upgrades/patches in between.

ICLONE 6 complicated this because.
1. There is a free Iclone 5 with a purchase of Iclone 6.
My Iclone6 was not "purchased". It was free because I bought a lot of products.
So does that mean I do not qualify to have both my old Iclone 5 and new Iclone 6.
If I can then I don't need to uninstall Iclone 5. So I can keep it on my old computer or move it to the new and keep the two copies. Will my account reflect the fact that I legally own two versions.

2. Since my Iclone6 is not an upgrade then I assume I can install it as new. Then register it and I will be responsible for manually moving the old files???
I am afraid that my files will be clobbered in the new installation if I don't move them myself.
Edited
10 Years Ago by lpatter
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
yes.

you'll be fine, don't worry - just make sure you have all your assets backed up, since you are moving to a new machine. Don't erase anything just yet. i believe iclone allows 2 installations per version. so you'll be able to have 2 of each. 5 and 6

wires
wires
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

If you have 2 serial numbers for iClone 5 then you can have 1 copy on your old PC and 1 on the new PC - and still be able to install each on another 2 PCs if you want. Each license, Serial number, allows 2 installs - the restriction being that both can't be used at the same time.

You can have both iClone 5 and 6 on the same PC - it's a good thing to do until you are sure that all of your iClone 5 projects work without problems in iClone 6.

As for not being "purchased" - it doesn't matter if you paid for it, won it, or got it for free. If you have a legal serial number provided by Reallusion then you can install it and enjoy. Smile

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

wires (12/4/2014)
Each license, Serial number, allows 2 installs - the restriction being that both can't be used at the same time.

I can't stand the restriction that both can't be used at the same time. A guy like myself has too convenient of an access to not inadvertently violate this restriction. Say I wanted to render out on one while composing scenes and designing characters on the other. Being able to manage and view two entirely different scenes in a project is a plus as well. How will these restrictions effect rendering long scenes over night using iC6/Indigo RT, having access to another computer while rendering and being restricted from using it will be a tempting option.w00tw00tw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

lpatter
lpatter
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.2K reputation)

Well I just tried to install on my new PC without deactivating on the Old PC and it does not work. I am only allowed one install not 2 per license. The old PC was off so it could not have seen me using both at the same time. So I still need an answer to my original question. Can I have both Iclone 5 and Iclone 6 on my new PC. If not I would raher keep the Iclone 5 on my old PC and see if Iclone 6 has problems that take time to fix. Is there an official monitor who can answer the question? It seems like a waste of time for Support if there can be come official one page set of guidelines.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
@lpatter

The one license with multiple computers thing that keeps getting mentioned is one of those persistent, self-sustaining myths.

Here is a paragraph from the EULA:
"1. iClone and/or CrazyTalk may only be used on ONE computer at any one time. For use on more than one computer at a time or for use and/or storage on a network designed for more than one user, you must purchase an additional license per/computer or acquire a special multi-user license from Reallusion."

With the purchases you have made, you have 2 licenses for version 5, and soon will have 1 license for version 6. You may install and run 5 and 6 on the same machine, and run them both. You can also install your second license of 5 onto a different machine and run it simultaneously.
lpatter
lpatter
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank You. I will wait for Iclone6 which will give me my second license for Iclone5. Now Ican keep my old computer with Iclone 5 as a backup and still have Iclone 5 on my new computer if Iclone6 is buggy.
I Loooove Iclone!
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
rampa (12/11/2014)
The one license with multiple computers thing that keeps getting mentioned is one of those persistent, self-sustaining myths.

I'm going to help perpetuate this.

Our esteemed moderator "Peter (RL)" has confirmed in this forum that you can INSTALL iClone 5 on TWO COMPUTERS.  Legally.  But, yes, you should only USE ONE AT A TIME.  I expect the same agreement will apply to iClone 6 also.

Whenever you remove iClone from a computer, it should be connected to the internet during the uninstall process so Reallusion can free up the license associated with that computer.

LINK to post from Peter (RL):  https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost181286.aspx

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
10 Years Ago by justaviking
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Blush
Blush
Blush
gillycol
gillycol
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)Veteran Member (634 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello - this is the closest thread to my question! I am usually a mac user, and I bought a refurbished PC especially to run iClone. Three days later, the PC has died. Lesson learned there - but what will happen when I try to install iClone on whatever machine I replace it with?

Advice to a (very) newbie appreciated

Reading This Topic