Toon town - how to translate signs

Posted By Ozi Abla 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ozi Abla
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi, I'm looking for some general guidance on how to approach this, as I have never attempted it before.

I have the "City Elements - Toon Town" expansion and I need to translate the 16 signs into a different language.

I have Illustrator, Photoshop, and Blender, as well as 3DXchange.

Can anyone give me some very general guidance on how to approach this?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Ozi Abla (11/26/2014)
Hi, I'm looking for some general guidance on how to approach this, as I have never attempted it before.

I have the "City Elements - Toon Town" expansion and I need to translate the 16 signs into a different language.

I have Illustrator, Photoshop, and Blender, as well as 3DXchange.

Can anyone give me some very general guidance on how to approach this?

You should be able to do standard photo editing.

Choose the item you want to change in the scene manager.

Hit the letter "Y" which should give you the materials panel on the right.

Use your Eyedropper tool and select the area you want to edit, and the image that contains it, should appear in your photo/image array panels.

Choose the one, or multiple panes, one at a time that you want to change and select "Launch"

This opens the photo editor you have set as a default.

Change what you want to change and then save the image.

Go back into iClone and the image should be updated.

That's it.

If you want to save the entire Material group for later use as a "Material" then do it after the edits. Then the next time you want to change all the images in the array at one time, you just need to load the material you save.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Ozi Abla
Ozi Abla
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)Veteran Member (748 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Awesome, many thanks.

I'll shall try that and see how I go.

Reading This Topic