Clone Cloth for Toon Maker Avatars?

Posted By pfontaine2 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pfontaine2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
There doesn't seem to be an easy way to create new outfits for the ToonMaker 1 and 2 packs.

Obviously I could take the costumes that come with both packs and modify the color and bump maps to create new outfits but that doesn't seem to provide as much flexibility as the Clone Cloth system for the G3 and G5 characters. Alley is offering new outfits for ToonMaker 1 characters but has anyone had any success creating outfits based on existing outfits and their meshes?

Does anyone at Reallusion know if some sort of Clone Cloth system will be released for the ToonMaker 1 and 2 packs?

I really love these packs and love the idea of being able to mix and match bits and pieces. I really want to use them more often!

Thanks,
Pierre
Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi Pierre

I mix Toon Maker with Clone Cloth in Iclone and use the avatar proportions settings to adjust for best match.

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

pfontaine2
pfontaine2
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Hi Geoff.

Interesting technique! I'm really loving these characters and the new possibilities they open up. I really hope that Reallusion offer more of these kinds of characters in the future, along with more options to mix and match.

Thanks again!
Pierre
Bigus
Bigus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Galfridus (11/21/2014)

Hi Pierre

I mix Toon Maker with Clone Cloth in Iclone and use the avatar proportions settings to adjust for best match.

Geoff.

Hi Geoff.

Can you please elaborate on this?

Thank you.

Embrace simplicity
Reduce selfishness
Have few desires
(Lao Tzu) 

Galfridus
Galfridus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Hi Bigus

Toon Maker avatars conform to G5 standard .

This means you can exchange the body parts Head/hands/feets and upper and lower body with other G5`s.

You can also exchange with G5 Clone Cloth....but the underlying body will be that of a G5 Standard avatar.

That`s why, in my earlier post, I included the bath towel example. If you look carefully it`s not actually Stretchy and Chubby`s body its Chucks.

I adjusted the settings in the avatars proportions panel to try to make Chucks upper/lower body more closely match those of the Toon characters.

Hope this helps.

Have fun.Smile

Geoff.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ba17ca1f-2bbe-4b61-819c-6bdf.png

Bigus
Bigus
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Awesome trick, Mr. Geoff!

It's so cute. So actually Toon Maker Avatars donate just the head, hands and feet...

It's a hybrid.

I liked it.

Thank you very much for your time!

Embrace simplicity
Reduce selfishness
Have few desires
(Lao Tzu) 

Reading This Topic