A simple ruler / line on composer mode for CTA2 please

Posted By MegaToon 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MegaToon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm creating various characters using body parts from the default G2 characters and some parts from G2 body composer kits.. Here's my problem, every time I create a character I notice that their facial parts (eyes, nose, ears, mouth, hair.. etc) are not perfectly align when you rotate them in various angles (0, 45, 90.. etc).. And that's okay since I'm thinking I have to manually align each element (and that's just fine)

I want to align them perfectly to achieve a smooth transition when doing angle change.. now here's my problem..

I think the background grid is not enough to achieve this perfect alignment, specially when you're working around the eyes, nose area.. My suggestion (if possible) have a custom drag-able line as a ruler (just like in photoshop) so that when I rotate my character I can easily align it..

Here's what it may look like:

Currently I'm using other software to act like a floating ruler when editing but it would be awesome if this feature could be implemented on future updates..

Thanks,
-Steve
Megatoontv.com

P.S. I love using CTA2 !! Keep up the good work!

My YouTube Videos / My Website
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I like that feature suggestion, but just out of curiosity have you tried adjusting the size of your grid and enabling grid snapping? Might help for what you're doing.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Attachments
gridsnapping.png (968 views, 75.00 KB)
MegaToon
MegaToon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)Veteran Member (508 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ibis Fernandez (11/4/2014)
I like that feature suggestion, but just out of curiosity have you tried adjusting the size of your grid and enabling grid snapping? Might help for what you're doing.

Hi there,
Thanks for the suggestion, I copied your settings and tried doing manual alignment on composer mode. Unfortunately when I drag head parts like the eyes, it doesn't snap to grid. It seems snapping to grid only works on stage mode..

So I tried aligning head parts on stage mode using runtime composer & 2D motion key editor but it still won't snap to grid..

Hopefully the developers would find this simple ruler suggestion useful because alignment is critical in creating G2 characters..

Thanks

My YouTube Videos / My Website

Reading This Topic