MoCap Add in can't find OpenNI.dll

Posted By itsumi 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
itsumi
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)Veteran Member (719 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I've finally got around to installing the MoCap Add In but am getting the error that openNI.dll is not on my system. Is there a separate installation that I'm missing?

Thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 minutes ago
Unless you are using Windows XP or Vista and have a Primesense depth camera you shouldn't really be using the Open NI version of the Mocap Device Plugin.

If you have a Windows 7 or 8 and a Kinect then see below.

There are currently two Kinect v1 models available. Kinect For Xbox sensors will have XBOX 360 on the front, while Kinect For Windows sensors will have KINECT on the front.

Each one requires its own version of the Mocap Device Plugin.

There are currently two Kinect versions of the Mocap Device Plugin available. You should install only the one that applies to your version of the Kinect sensor and operating system.

These are:

Microsoft Kinect SDK Beta2 (For Kinect For Xbox devices and Windows 7 or 8)

Microsoft Kinect SDK For Windows (For Kinect For Windows devices and Windows 7 or 8)

Each file above contains everything you need including the SDK. You should not install any other drivers, SDK's or software. You can download from your Member Account under Patch/Bonus for the Mocap Device Plugin.

So if you are using a Kinect For Windows sensor with Windows 7 or 8, then you would need to install ONLY the Microsoft Kinect SDK For Windows version of the plugin.

Try uninstalling all versions of the plugin or Kinect SDK you currently have installed, including anything related to Primesense or Open NI. Then restart your computer with the Kinect disconnected.

Now install the correct version of the plugin for your system as described above before connecting the powered Kinect USB cable to the computer. It will then finalise the installation of the drivers. You should then get confirmation in the notification area when this is complete.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Mark McKinney
Mark McKinney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year

first of all thanks for always helping folks - you have the patience of Job - I rushed out and bought the new Kinect V2 for windows in anticipation of Iclone 6 and was hoping to use the sensor for mocap - had to upgrade to Windows 8.1 to load the SDK - long story short, is there a recommended mocap piece of software that can create a bvh file that is compatible with Iclone 5 and also Iclone 6 so I can do some markerless mocap now in the interim between V5 and V6 of Iclone - I love the product just looking to a third party to do the mocap offline - thanks
Sen
Sen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello ,

I work with Brekel Pro Body 2 since a few months ( beta + official release ) .
2 ways :
- export with Human IK setting (bvh or fbx) > 3dx5 > maya Human IK profil > convert
- export in any format > 3d suite like 3dsmax/maya.... clean mocap > RL plugin or fbx/bvh > 3dx5

http://brekel.com/shop/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product

CGTRADER

Mark McKinney
Mark McKinney
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
thanks - I tried some of the sample files they provide but was not able to get a very good transfer result - I jumped right to BVH converter - I need to figure the workflow - I was impressed with the finger movement in the sample files, really looked good
Sen
Sen
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi ,

If you work with bvh converter , read this : https://groups.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/brekel-kinect/brekel-kinect-pro-body/SMa9bMiljGs

I have made a quick profil to map with brekel export , you just need to tweak rotation ( 1/2 work Tongue ) .

Hope this help

CGTRADER

Edited
10 Years Ago by Sen

Reading This Topic