Profile Picture

Attaching an avatar to another avatar

Posted By deeds0l 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
deeds0l
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi I have a non humanoid avatar (wings) which I imported via 3dxchange so that I could use as an animated accessory for my character. How can I attach it to my character so that I can export my character wearing the avatar (wings)? Or how can I convert the wings to a prop/accessory to be worn to my character?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
In this case. it would work much better to not convert the wings to an avatar. So, basically, you should start over by importing the wings into 3DX, but then just do a export from the file menu.

The result is that you will have a boned iprop that you can attach to your avatar in iClone to be a accessory. You will then be able to animate the bones in the "Edit Animation Layer".
deeds0l
deeds0l
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)Senior Member (271 reputation)

Do you mean export it as an obj? I have some existing animation on my wings would it be exported to iclone?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

If you brought it into 3DX as an FBX with bones and animations, it should export to iclone as a skeletal iProp.

The "export" was perhaps confusing, but that is the menu item in the file menu you would use to send something to iClone. You can only use the "Apply To Iclone" button with an avatar. An OBJ would do you no good, as it would have no bones.

If your animation did not automatically load with your FBX, then you can import the FBX into the "animation Library" to get it.

The reason for keeping it a prop is so that you can attach it to an avatar. Avatars cannot be attached to anything, only linked. Linked avatars/props will not save. Links are temporary connections, only active for the scene/project they are in.
deeds0l
deeds0l
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I tried reimporting the FBX to 3dxchange and the animation was there but the armature is not there or it is not visible. When I export it as it is to iclone by clicking the export button it could perform the animation that came with it, but the motion tab in the animation section is not enabled so I am unable to edit the motion layer.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

You need to use the iProp's animation layer. It is in the right hand panel for the prop. It is not under the animation tab at the top of the window.

The names are very similar. For iProps, it's "Edit Animation Layer", and for avatars it's "Edit Motion Layer".

Reading This Topic