Meet Billy!

Posted By Ibis Fernandez 10 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Billy is one of 4 "base model kits" that I will be releasing SOON on the RL Marketplace. Basically these models will be as bare as possible allowing people to build on them to create their own derivative character for use in their work. Each kit will contain a few hairstyles, eyes, mouths and extra hands etc. Maybe one outfit. (Im still trying to figure out how it works).

I naturally won't have the time to continually release clothing items, costumes, and varied looks, but I hope I can gather interest from other developers to join in and create compatible items to that they can sell on their own stores as well.

An interesting fact about Billy is that he begun as a commissioned project. The client needed a character based on a 13 year old William Sanders Scarborough for a historical project he is working on. As many of you know, I'm always willing to work at a reduced fee as long as I maintain the copyrights to the characters.

This way both the client gets exactly what he needs for his project at price more reasonable to his budget and eventually I'm sure I'll make up the difference either by way of the marketplace or through creation of derivative works from it.

So the fun little bit about this character is that little Billy is based on a real historical figure, William Sanders Scarborough, during a time period when he was a slave boy.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
cbyas
cbyas
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I love it. Great also to see some diversity going into the market place. I personally would love more access to different ethnic groups. I will be purchasing
TGL
TGL
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)Veteran Member (537 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
SWEEEEEETTTTT!!!
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
A range of Indian ( Not red Indian ) Characters and costumes from a talented artist like you may find market in 6-7 countries in the South East Asia.

This might help a greater adoption of RL products in the Indian Subcontinent.

Sifr
Sifr
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I do hope he does have more costumes soon. Ethnics are so stereo typically misrepresented in today's society by mainstream culture and media, i.e. slave, thug, rapper, gangster, ect. What about business owner, 3d animator, family man, inventor, scientist, super hero. I'm speaking facts here... well maybe not the superhero part, but that depends on who's point of view we're looking from. Not not mine or my children's.

No offense, none taken... just my thoughts, it is a wonderful concept model though. I could work with the base.CoolWinkw00t

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reallusion iClone & CC Pipeline --- Plugins: Iray HeadShot SkinGen.  CrazyTalk Animator Pipeline, CrazyTalk, Maya LT, Daz, Substance Painter Indie, Substance Designer Indie, B2M Pro+ Substance Live, Sculptris, Wrap, Unity, UE4, Perception Neuron ReadySmileBigGrinTongueWinkCoolHeheSmoooothCrazySatisfiedWowPinchExclamationAlienDiscussKissArrowSadAngrySickExclamationBlushWhistlingw00tw00tw00t
SurfaceBook 2 Windows 11 Pro 64-bit Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz -2.11 GHz 512GB Solid State Hard Drive 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050GTX
Dell  Alienware m18X R2 18.5" Custom Convertible Tablet Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Intel Core I7-3840QM 2.80GHz Quad Core 8 Thread 3.2GHz Turbo 512GB Solid State Hard Drive+1TB X2 RAID Disk Drive 32GB RAM Nvidia Geforce GTX 680m 2GB X2 SLI Custom Multi-touch. Dagi capacitive touch stylus
Microsoft Surface Pro 2 10.1" Tablet Windows 10 64-bit Intel Core I5-4200U 1.60GHz 2.3GHz Turbo 128GB Solid State Hard Drive 4GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer screen Surface Pen+Axiotron Studio Pen
Asus Vivo Tab 8" Tablet Windows 10 32-bit Intel Atom Z-3740 1.33GHz Quad Core 32GB Solid State Hard Drive 2GB RAM HD 4000 Graphics Multi-touch Wacom Digitizer Wacom stylus.

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Lol the base model won't come with the slave boy costume. That was a specific look created for a specific purpose. To be used in a very factual historical project an in no way stereotypical.

The cool thing about a base model is that you can turn him into whatever you want. Maybe you can make a little Asian girl out of him, or turn him into troll or hobbit. The idea is that it will come as bare as possible to allow people to build on top of him. It just happens that at the base level he was designed as a cute little black kid.

The amount of costumes available will purely be based on the number of people who step up and develop compatible items for him. I'm only gonna release a couple like Sunday clothes, school uniform, maybe a sports outfit. I'd like to do a 70's style outfit too like MJ used to wear. Maybe a couple of Halloween looks. Obviously if the demand is there I'll make more. But think I'd like to focus on building good base models and let other developers join in and supply the extra options.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Change the hair, clothes, shoes, adjust the body proportions, and maybe add a prop or two and you can create all sorts of new characters using Billy 2.0

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Icarus + Chicken + Billy =

Attachments
icarus-and-chicken.gif (1.4K views, 321.00 KB)
Theo.Y
Theo.Y
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)Senior Member (381 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
It looks great!
vinsky2007
vinsky2007
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi,
I was looking for clothes, pans and shoes for Billy 2 i wonder where to get them ?
Please advise and my email is vins@tc.sg.

Thanks.

Vins

Reading This Topic